negative subs positive views

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
LOL - got to be the algorithm? Lost three subscribers, but still getting views. I got a bit self conscious not doing much whilst injured and am gagging to smash out some content now. Can three slack weeks have your subscribers spitting their dummies and filing for divorce? :-/ LOL

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If folk think you are no longer posting they may unsub. YouTube also cleanses your sub list removing fake accounts and stuff, so you may find they have removed a couple?

Reactions: HRMV and Riderguide

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Subs and views are two separate beasts. With our marketing our content then there is no so much incentive to sub. However, if we make a connection with a viewer/commenter then they may sub.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I have lost 2 subs since starting, but I believe it was the 2 that posted "I subbed to you return the favor" for which I did not. Usually if someone subs to me I check out their channel, if it is something I would watch I will sub. If not I do not, I also try to watch what I am subbed to and comment to help their channel, but if I lose interest I wont unsub unless they did something dirtbagish and I feel like I want no part of what they are preaching.

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I guess it goes to show that consistency is key. I feel like I would sub because they have content that I like or that I can appreciate but I might not like all their videos which isn't a bad thing either. You can't please everybody but I can definitely appreciate someone's character

D-Cycle

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide
Audience retention is usually most important. The longer they are on your channel, the more Youtube will share your content in recommended search. Push out searchable content and put some production into it and the views will come.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Its just the algorithm. Its so weird even on instagram, i get more followers but the likes stay the same. On youtube i get more views more interaction but the subs stay the same
I'm finding the opposite currently on YouTube... the subs are going up but the views and interactions are going down. Recently I've not been sharing my videos quite so much though as they have been focused on my current subscribers rather than on topics others would want to view. Plans incoming though to bring in some increased views and hopefully interactions too

Last edited:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have no idea if it works, but it seems to have done for me. I do a youtube search for either the title of my video, or of the key words in theat title, then go to the most popular but recent videos and copy the title of those videos into my tags, I paste the whole title as one tag and do this for several videos. If I have room at the end for a few more tags, I'll then add in the keywords of the video too

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I can't seem to figure out the right tags. I have a problem with a tag that are too general or a tag that is too specific.
same mate, I've come to the conclusion recently that I'll just work with the tags I feel fit my uploads/channel and see how it goes for now. When I get enough spare coin I'll look at maybe getting a one on one with an 'expert' youtubist who does this sort of stuff.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Nope, am sure it offers benefits, don't you have to pay for it though?
They have a free version that you can try it. Paid unlocks a few options. For someone like me I get the bottom paid version for 1/2 price because I'm under 1k subs. You can try the free version and if you think it will benefit upgrade after. They also have an affiliate program that if enough people install the free version it can unlock the next level for you free for a year.

Reactions: HippoDrone

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I'm on Tube Buddy but it doesn't seem to work that well for me, I need a Tube Buddy lesson from one of their gurus I reckon!
They have a ton of videos that show you how to use most of the features. It makes searching the tags like Hippo-drones does quicker if you are paid and it uses your channel to weight the results. I like the other options the most, checklist, upload checks, social media sharing, and auto tag suggestions.

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Nope, am sure it offers benefits, don't you have to pay for it though?

They have a free version and offer premium which allows you access to more statistics.

same mate, I've come to the conclusion recently that I'll just work with the tags I feel fit my uploads/channel and see how it goes for now. When I get enough spare coin I'll look at maybe getting a one on one with an 'expert' youtubist who does this sort of stuff.

I agree with you. I try to make the tags specific but not too specific because some tags are saturated

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts