Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Did mine without an instructor, got 1 minor :D
Basically as long as you ride safely he isnt going to fail you. (not doing life savers is classed as not being safe)
Also they dont look for road positioning in mod2, road positioning is more of an advanced skill. It can hurt doing it in mod2, but personally I would concentrate on other things whilst training for mod2.
Have you tried a hill start/pulling away from behind a parked car?

(cant make a vlog but) Tips about the day:
dont be afraid to stop if it is safe to do so. I did this on my test in the pouring rain to take my helmet off and re-arange the headphone during my mod2
There may be things that you haven't experienced that comes up on the test. E.g on my mod2 it was one of the worst days so far this year. Wind and rain - I had only practised in the dry but on my mod2 I encountered a port-a-loo that had blown into the road and a flood covering the whole of a different road. In both cases I relaxed and thought of the safest way round/through them.

Main points to take from that are stay relaxed. Tensing up can lead to mistakes. Even if he fails you, you have been riding on :plates for four years, is another few weeks going to hurt?

"only do so if its safe" - going round speed bumps rather than over them. Do you have to go to the centre of the road to do this? Is anything coming the other way? Is someone going to try and overtake you?

My advise is dont filter on the mod2. I think you could probably get away with it, but there are so many things that could make it dangerous/illegal, plus the bike the examiner is on is a lot wider and may not be able to get through.

Treat your examiner like a shadow and forget about him. Well dont totally forget about him

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
mealexme said:
Basically as long as you ride safely he isnt going to fail you. (not doing life savers is classed as not being safe)

mealezme said:
Also they dont look for road positioning in mod2, road positioning is more of an advanced skill. It can hurt doing it in mod2.

Road postioning is one of the main keys in your MOD2.

Example:

If there was 4 parked cars on the left you wouldnt take up your normal road postioning you would adjust asif a door where to open or a padestrian where to walk out into the road.

I ride about 3yards left of the white line simply for the fact that if I need to overtake i'm already in a postion to do so, if I need to turn left or right I can see plenty of the road ahead. cars can't overtake me unless they go into oncomming traffic.

Riding bang in the middle of the road isn't the safest place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts