Not open for further replies.

TheSvBiker

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Kent
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650s
On another note, I don't think its a good idea just going into Modual 2, with "you tube" tutorial knowledge, that is a risk of £75, however going into Modual 2, with all the knowledge you can find, being ready for the lessons to drum home the procedures, before Modual 2, is a good idea surley?

There are so many "How to ride a Motorcycle" tutorials on You Tube, but that don't mean its a good idea to do it without lessons. It just gives you a clue about what to expect.. Modual 2 tutorials I think would give the student a heads up on whats to come and hopefully how to do it properly. :)

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Ah I've misread the op :)

I thought you were asking folk here to give you a video tutorial to help you pass your module 2 without any tuition.

Yeah, mod 2 videos would be nice but instead of cramming it into a single vlog, would be better to make out a series, split it down into the components of a module 2 exam.

- Turning up at the exam centre, etiquette, what to expect
- Show me/tell me
- Pillion questions and starting off.
- The 3 road positions
- Stopping and starting (flat/hills/oblique/obscured, what to do when slowing to a stop)
- Moving along in a straight line (amber means stop not go, dealing with parked vehicles, road signage, speed limits)
- Junctions and how to approach them.
- Left and right turns major to minor.
- roundabouts and odd things (double, triple, magic) you will come across.
- Overtaking (and filtering)
- Clues to listen for from your examiner.
- Dealing with mistakes, getting over yourself
- Planning ahead, reading road signs and conditions
- Cornering techniques

Probably missed a good bunch off of there, but yeah a module 2 tests you on your general road riding skills, so it'd be good to break it down into what they're looking for.

I'd do it if I have a decent camera setup come the spring, would be worth pre-scripting and probably running your videos by a closed group of experienced riders first to make sure you're not giving out dangerous information.

You'd have to caveat it as well that it either applies to mainland UK or ireland as they do it differently overseas.

Would be a good first vlog series for someone I believe providing they put the effort in so that it isn't just a "how to ride a motorbike how I ride it" video that youtube is already full of.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Just to add my bit, i didn't have lessons for my mod 2, the CBT was the only pro tuition i've ever had, and i'm proud to say i passed my test with no minors whatsoever, i taught myself using books and the internet and i came out fine and dandy!

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Bloke said:
Ah I've misread the op :)

I thought you were asking folk here to give you a video tutorial to help you pass your module 2 without any tuition.

Yeah, mod 2 videos would be nice but instead of cramming it into a single vlog, would be better to make out a series, split it down into the components of a module 2 exam.

- Turning up at the exam centre, etiquette, what to expect
- Show me/tell me
- Pillion questions and starting off.
- The 3 road positions
- Stopping and starting (flat/hills/oblique/obscured, what to do when slowing to a stop)
- Moving along in a straight line (amber means stop not go, dealing with parked vehicles, road signage, speed limits)
- Junctions and how to approach them.
- Left and right turns major to minor.
- roundabouts and odd things (double, triple, magic) you will come across.
- Overtaking (and filtering)
- Clues to listen for from your examiner.
- Dealing with mistakes, getting over yourself
- Planning ahead, reading road signs and conditions
- Cornering techniques

Probably missed a good bunch off of there, but yeah a module 2 tests you on your general road riding skills, so it'd be good to break it down into what they're looking for.

I'd do it if I have a decent camera setup come the spring, would be worth pre-scripting and probably running your videos by a closed group of experienced riders first to make sure you're not giving out dangerous information.

You'd have to caveat it as well that it either applies to mainland UK or ireland as they do it differently overseas.

Would be a good first vlog series for someone I believe providing they put the effort in so that it isn't just a "how to ride a motorbike how I ride it" video that youtube is already full of.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Nice list and idea, if I still had my bike I would do some videos covering these things, but from my experience there are only really a few things you need to know and do to pass.

- Knowledge of the bike / basic stuff for show+tell and question time - eg.What do you need to adjust when taking a pillion, or how do you properly check your brakes. IMO everyone should know this before taking the test, so if you don't, get learning!

In regards to the actual test, they are looking for safe riding rather than specific skills or positions, which is basically:

Stick to the speed limit
HEAD+MIRROR check every time you change lane + INDICATE
Overtake safely (using common sense). It is expected that you overtake a vehicle that is doing the speed limit or under, and it is fine to speed while overtaking as long as you get back to the speed limit after the overtake.
Pull over in a safe position when told I would have liked to have better instruction as to what constitutes "safe" but again, mostly common sense
Don't be a douche on the road

IMO lessons do help and are worthwhile. Not so much for actual riding, but for practicing under test conditions and get used to following the headset instructions (which is horribly uncomfortable and noisy).

DownShift43

Wannabie Member
Oct 21, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Aprilia RS125
Yamaha YZF-R125
Kawasaki Ninja 250R
i haven't been able to do a mod 2 video yet for you lot as when i start the topic it starts to poor down with rain and it hasn't stoped yet

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
DownShift43 said:
i haven't been able to do a mod 2 video yet for you lot as when i start the topic it starts to poor down with rain and it hasn't stoped yet

SqueakyBrakes12 said:
Don't worry about it, the weather is bad everywhere I'm desperate to get a new video up but the weather is a nightmare.

You two ever heard of waterproofs? :p

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
I fell off wearing mine during early summer (it was actually raining in summer can you believe it!)
This year and travelled 100 yards down the road rolling all about but I still wear them when needed, however all the holes are classed as 'Intelligently placed breathing holes' :D

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
gpzDave said:
DownShift43 said:

SqueakyBrakes12 said:
Don't worry about it, the weather is bad everywhere I'm desperate to get a new video up but the weather is a nightmare.

You two ever heard of waterproofs? :p

Haha, Dainese make the best waterpoofs from my exericance.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
DownShift43 said:

+1 someone asked me to do a few more mod 1 and 2 bids but the weather just putting a stop on going out on the bikes. Waterproofs don't help protect the camera :p

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
Personally I like the DRIFT it's a nice look.

But.... The GoPro..... You'll look a little like a teletubbie! It seems abit too over the top (excuse the pun lol
The drift all the way for me, however only just got the MD80 today so it's going to be nice and snug inside my helmet.

Darkzy43

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ashford, Kent
I ride a
1996 Gs500 (modified and restricted)
for lane changing i was taught - Mirror, Head check Then Indicate then shoulder check
Roundabouts 1st exit right lifesaver - 2nd exit and all other exits left lifesaver

.... and you know the rest :D :D :D :D :D :D

DownShift43

Wannabie Member
Oct 21, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Aprilia RS125
Yamaha YZF-R125
Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Darkzy43 said:
for lane changing i was taught - Mirror, Head check Then Indicate then shoulder check
Roundabouts 1st exit right lifesaver - 2nd exit and all other exits left lifesaver

when changing lanes if your going to the right first its right mirror, right indicater, right shoulder check then move into the right lane and going to the left it all the same but left for everything and ile do a little video about roundabouts for you as well as a mod 2 video when it stops raining but i do have a view vlogs to upload

Darkzy43

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ashford, Kent
I ride a
1996 Gs500 (modified and restricted)
DownShift43 said:
Darkzy43 said:

when changing lanes if your going to the right first its right mirror, right indicater, right shoulder check then move into the right lane and going to the left it all the same but left for everything and ile do a little video about roundabouts for you as well as a mod 2 video when it stops raining but i do have a view vlogs to upload

awesome all my youtube vlog entertainment has run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts