Modual 2 Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSvBiker

Wannabie Member
Hi there, I hope I have placed this in the correct part of the Forum.
I was thinking about making a few help video's for Beginners and mod 2 students, however I feel I need tuition therefore am not a suitable host..lol
Would anyone care to give it ago? If not I shall give it a stab in the Dark :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPCfmMRT7Lo[/youtube]

Thanks guys, Hope I make some sort of sence :)
Ride safe 8-)

Just out of interest is the Mod 2 test anything like the Cbt Just There is more at risk for example you can fail because it seems to be similar :)?
sorry if this is dumb question but i thought the Topic is around so why not ask

josh94zz said:
Just out of interest is the Mod 2 test anything like the Cbt Just There is more at risk for example you can fail because it seems to be similar :)?
its not a dumb question at all mod 2 is a test where you are examoned on the road and it lasts up to 40mins. And its just like the cbt test but you will have to get your shoulder checks in the right place, mirrors checks, correct signals, good road position, a good sence of road signs, and etc.. but if you get more than 5 minors then you fail your test but dont worry ile make a video about it on sunday and before you do you mod 2 test the examiner will ask you 3 questions, 2 about the bike and 1 about a pillion on your bike

josh94zz said:

Basicaly, MOD 2 is a the 2nd part of your CBT but the smallest major error you will fail. The Examiner will look for as Downshift has said i.e, Should checks & the rest.

People seem to get nervous when taking car/bike tests, You shouldn't, if you fail you can just retake it. yes it might be 2 weeks later but you will know what you failed on and will improve.

I was told if you have been riding on the road for over 2months you will pass MOD2, for the fact it's your normal riding but with extra shoulder checks and more space awareness.

Chuckles85 vid above is a great video to explain all this watch it a couple of times and then go out on your bike and when in the same postion think what he would do.

*Parked car over there, come out early & Anticipate any doors being opend or people walking through the gaps.* You will teach yourself more than what someone can teach you with regards to riding the roads.

AZZ3R said:
josh94zz said:

i will do :) I have watched chuckle85s video And will most likely watch it again but as to the going out and doing it myself bit i cant do that yet Properly as im on a ped but i will practice with the Headchecks and the Signals and stuff as i can do that Its just the gear changing and pulling away that im not going to be able to do yet as waiting to upgrade to a 125cc :)

This info is perfect for me!
I'll study the videos and take in all of the advice and info and revise my 'show me, tell me' Q&A's and I won't need to book 1 or 2 lessons for next year. Save abit of money too :)
Thanks guys!

Well as long as you ride by the book and do more checks than anything else , you should be fine. If you have ridden on a cbt for a year or something you will do fine ... Thats my thinking on it anyway. Very good instructional videos though, should help me out a lot. :)

DownShift43 said:
ile make a video for you about mod 2 on sunday and upload it right away for you and ile also sub you

Any chance you can pm that video to me too please?

I don't want to be spending money on lessons I most properly don't need, so just a nice detailed vid about what to expect and exactly what to do when they ask for something will be brilliant :)

No pressure btw haha

Module 2 is a piece of cake.

Module 1 is hard in comparison.

Module 2, is a leisurely road ride while being followed by your examiner on either a bike or in my case a car.

Remember your observations, don't take chances and just plan ahead.

I failed my mod 2 by stalling on a junction. Why did I stall? Because I decided to try and balance at a give way line on an adverse camber.

Any sensible person would have put a foot down, I didn't, panicked and stalled when trying to pull away, landing myself at a dead stop in the middle of a 60mph road. Dangerous error instant fail despite no minors before that point.

2nd time I went out, followed the instructions he gave, took no chances, passed.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Even so... As straight forward and easy as you put it across and i think it is. Would you guys say, having no lessons and using common sense alone. Is it all worth risking it for £75?

I'd have lessons, there's a reason why advice on YouTube is free, its because its not tailored to your specific needs. Having an instructor who comes down heavy on you each time you leave your indicator on, forget a check, go over the limit, fail to spot at a crossing for the oap about to jump out at you is worth paying for in my eyes.

SqueakyBreaks12 said:
DownShift43 said:
ile make a video for you about mod 2 on sunday and upload it right away for you and ile also sub you

Any chance you can pm that video to me too please?

I don't want to be spending money on lessons I most properly don't need, so just a nice detailed vid about what to expect and exactly what to do when they ask for something will be brilliant :)

No pressure btw haha
ile post the video on hear

Thanks Chuckles, I don't know why I didnt come acrossed your tutorial sooner, very informative. I agree lessons would give you more confidence, But its also a next step from reading how to, out of a Pass first time book, as its a visual thing , some people learn quicker this way... I certaining do.

One thing I have noticed, with the Life saver, when turning for example Leftt into a minor road, a mirror check, then left life saver is needed. Would a Smooth action mirror into life saver surfice? Or do you have to make an obvious Mirror check, then life saver as a seperate action for the instructor to notice....

Many thanks for all your input :)

Re: Re: Modual 2 Tutorials?

TheSvBiker said:
Thanks Chuckles, I don't know why I didnt come acrossed your tutorial sooner, very informative. I agree lessons would give you more confidence, But its also a next step from reading how to, out of a Pass first time book, as its a visual thing , some people learn quicker this way... I certaining do.

One thing I have noticed, with the Life saver, when turning for example Leftt into a minor road, a mirror check, then left life saver is needed. Would a Smooth action mirror into life saver surfice? Or do you have to make an obvious Mirror check, then life saver as a seperate action for the instructor to notice....

Many thanks for all your input :)

Instructor >>> any "pass first time book"/youtube.

You can ask him questions, he can walk you through the "show me/tell me" and pillion questions, he also acts as a temperature gauge "am I good enough to pass".

You're right, for £75 it's not worth risking a fail on something an instructor could have drilled out of you.

Life savers... Make them obvious, if you have a single colour helmet consider putting two tiny stickers on the rear on either side. Helps the examiner see you moving your head.

Not sure what you mean by mirror "then" lifesaver.

It goes... OSSMPSL (iirc). So it's a completely distinct movement anyway. (you'll have actually have done 2 of them before doing any turn)

Again all stuff an instructor will be able to show you.

Have you practiced oblique, obscured and hill starts?

It's an easy relaxed ride, but I get the impression you're lacking in some basic exam prep.

Personally i'd rather make these simple mistakes under the tuition of an instructor rather than under the wheels of an artic.

Much like the guys who buy a bike but say they haven't got enough money for all the gear... If you can't afford to buy the gear, how/why did you buy the bike? Their priorities are in the wrong order.

Don't get me wrong I watched loads of advanced biker on youtube before my test to calm the nerves but I also did 3 days mod2 training (probably would have been okay with 2)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned before, I agree Lessons (Instructors) would give you more confidence, in riding skills, and are far more affective, but whats the harm in a video tutorial showing you visually, rather than a book of text and cliparts.

Looking from the outside in, Theres always the risk I guess, of a video tutorial, showing "The wrong way to do it" even if the rider feels its the right way.

So students that have aleready copleted their Modual 2 might be the prefered candidates, as they can also give tips about the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back