mic placement in a nolan n104 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Fazer

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
I ride a
Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer (2001)
really struggling to find a decent place to put my microphone on my helmet.
everywhere seems to give far too much wind noise and not great pickup of my voice (but some would say that's a good thing!)
so far i have tried....
in front of my mouth (bad idea!)
just inside the right cheek pad
and
pushed into the foam near the ear "void"
any help would really be appreciated !

Yorkshire Fazer

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
I ride a
thanks
will give it a go.
where i have it at the moment works ok but anything over 35-40mph the wind noise is really bad (bearable below that).

Yorkshire Fazer

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
I ride a
TheGlock17shooter said:
Inside the upper lining where the visor meets the helmet with the mic facing the visor is where I put mine in my top of helmet vlogs
good call !
got it just on my forehead at the moment and it cuts the wind noise down a lot.
have to speak louder, but that's no real problem.
the wind noise now only starts to get to be a problem at 55+
would putting an extra wind "sock" over the mic (with some foam etc.) help any ?

TheGlock17shooter

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
I ride a
1993 Yamaha Virago 750
Yorkshire Fazer said:
TheGlock17shooter said:
Inside the upper lining where the visor meets the helmet with the mic facing the visor is where I put mine in my top of helmet vlogs
good call !
would putting an extra wind "sock" over the mic (with some foam etc.) help any ?
Hmm... that would miffle the voice audio more.. Is the mic sencitivity on "2" And is the mic in the lining at the visor as far to the side as it can go while still being in front of the visor? My mic is at the corner of the visor almost to my temple and Im not having wind problems. Your voice does seem a bit soft even with that placement..

Yorkshire Fazer

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
I ride a
TheGlock17shooter said:
Yorkshire Fazer said:
TheGlock17shooter said:
good call !
Hmm... that would miffle the voice audio more.. Is the mic sencitivity on "2" And is the mic in the lining at the visor as far to the side as it can go while still being in front of the visor? My mic is at the corner of the visor almost to my temple and Im not having wind problems. Your voice does seem a bit soft even with that placement..
thanks for your reply.
at the moment it is in the middle of my forehead and my sensitivity is on 1 bar (on my drift hd).
i'll adjust and test again :)
really want to get this right so i can vlog whilst at motorway speeds if needed.

TheGlock17shooter

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
I ride a
1993 Yamaha Virago 750
No problem brother. Im not on here much but Ill be sure to keep track of your progress... ah hell... Ill sub ya! LOL!! BTW.. I may be getting an FZ6 soon.. ;-)

Yorkshire Fazer

Wannabie Member
Jun 29, 2012
I ride a
went out for a ride to band practice last night and the mic positioned above my right temple / eyebrow works ok up to about 60mph ish.
i doubt i'll be vlogging at any speed above that, but would like to improve it if i can.
might try a bit of extra foam around the mic and see if that does any good.
unless anyone has any other / better suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts