Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
sstimmyy said:
Bikermole said:
For drool purposes, the daytona has my vote, If your using the bike every day for commuting etc, the hornet is much more comfortable, as well as more useable, but still has enough power to raise a smile.
Im going for the 250 as its cheaper to run, insure, tax etc then a 650, in a couple of years ill probably change up, after I get another few years no claims!

I just had a look at the Ninja after seeing my local ktm/kawisaki garage is selling a couple of 2011 models at clearance proce... £3799 but I bet I could get a bit more knocked off... only problem is insurance for me would be almost £3000 for those fully comp! Half that for the Hornet or Daytona... I am VERY confused :(

HOW MUCH TO INSURE!! :eek:
Im looking at £400 max for a 250, and £500-£600 for anything bigger!

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Bikermole said:
sstimmyy said:
Bikermole said:
For drool purposes, the daytona has my vote, If your using the bike every day for commuting etc, the hornet is much more comfortable, as well as more useable, but still has enough power to raise a smile.
Im going for the 250 as its cheaper to run, insure, tax etc then a 650, in a couple of years ill probably change up, after I get another few years no claims!

I just had a look at the Ninja after seeing my local ktm/kawisaki garage is selling a couple of 2011 models at clearance proce... £3799 but I bet I could get a bit more knocked off... only problem is insurance for me would be almost £3000 for those fully comp! Half that for the Hornet or Daytona... I am VERY confused :(

HOW MUCH TO INSURE!! :eek:
Im looking at £400 max for a 250, and £500-£600 for anything bigger!

It's horrible :( I dont know if it's just where i live... (which wouldnt make much sence anyway as i live in the countryside) but i always get high quotes... my 125 has cost me just over £1000 to insure this year! I spent DAYS shopping around and coulnt get anything better! It is kept in a secure brick garage overnight and has an alarm!

I have just seen that my Ninja 250 quote drops too around £900 for fully comp if i put in a years no claims but that's still high!

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Fully comp is always going to be high until you've got a few years riding and no claims sorted.

I'm looking more and more like I'm not going to be able to make this. A rather large unexpected expenditure has appeared that's vital if I want to keep on vlogging, so I'll have to see what I
I can do.

Don't count me out completely though, you never know what can happen :)

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
I'm a maybe, I only live in Bedford.

Though I'm in the CMA, MAG and a bike club too, and tend to forget the hundred and one other things I'm supposed to be doing, I think I'm free. let you know nearer the day.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
senthx said:

Though I'm in the CMA, MAG and a bike club too, and tend to forget the hundred and one other things I'm supposed to be doing, I think I'm free. let you know nearer the day.

Cool no worries, Ill be posting a few days before anyway to check who is coming :)

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Friz said:
Fully comp is always going to be high until you've got a few years riding and no claims sorted.

I'm looking more and more like I'm not going to be able to make this. A rather large unexpected expenditure has appeared that's vital if I want to keep on vlogging, so I'll have to see what I
I can do.

Ah that stinks mate! Hope you do find some super miracle glue to fix what's broke and be on your way! What is the vlogging related expenditure in question may I ask?

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
senthx said:

You have no excuse! :D We got you first.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
sstimmyy said:
Friz said:

I can do.

Ah that stinks mate! Hope you do find some super miracle glue to fix what's broke and be on your way! What is the vlogging related expenditure in question may I ask?

It's a long story, but the basics of it are that I bought a brand new camera and it had an accident before I even got to use it... So it comes down to whether I have enough money for another one or if I should just not bother.

TheUntamedBiker

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2012
bedford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
hey guys just wondered if this was still on and what is happening after meeting, ride? or is it just a meet? hopefully i will be able to come just need a tank of petrol as i live in Bedford :). would be nice to meet some of you as i watch vlogs from most of you lol

T.U.B.
TheUntamedBiker

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
TheUntamedBiker said:
hey guys just wondered if this was still on and what is happening after meeting, ride? or is it just a meet? hopefully i will be able to come just need a tank of petrol as i live in Bedford :). would be nice to meet some of you as i watch vlogs from most of you lol

T.U.B.
TheUntamedBiker

Certainly is going ahead :)
I'm still not sure what we are doing after meeting, other than getting something to eat and introductions, I'm about to put something on Twitter to ask my followers!

It'll be great to have you along too, the more the merrier :D

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Can I have a list of everyone who is coming either by a reply of pm me!
Just so I know who is coming.
Another mate of mine (Ex TT racer Mark Fitzgerald) will try to come along on his new GSXR1000. He doesnt vlog, but the more the merrier :D

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
I had a rather expensive somthing go wrong on me yesterday with relation to mild steel meeting salt despite regular cleaning and coating in protective fluids... of course im talking about my two stroke exhaust. Bad timing too as im due to do my mod 1 on friday...

I guess that what im trying to say is that due to unforeseen expenditure and despite the relative low cost of this trip... i might not be able to make it.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
sstimmyy said:
I had a rather expensive somthing go wrong on me yesterday with relation to mild steel meeting salt despite regular cleaning and coating in protective fluids... of course im talking about my two stroke exhaust. Bad timing too as im due to do my mod 1 on friday...

I guess that what im trying to say is that due to unforeseen expenditure and despite the relative low cost of this trip... i might not be able to make it.
Thats a shame mate, I'd much rather you spend the money on your exhaust than come and make it worse!

Best of luck with your MOD1!

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Must confess i had forgotten about this! BUT i managed to grab some extra work last Sunday which earnt me £25 aka enough money for fuel for a meet :) I'd love to come along for this, have we got any more detailed plans? Plus Bikermole, if you want to meet in Sudbury i know the back way via haverhill, might take a tad longer but is more 125 friendly lol

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
CurlyBlakey said:
Must confess i had forgotten about this! BUT i managed to grab some extra work last Sunday which earnt me £25 aka enough money for fuel for a meet :) I'd love to come along for this, have we got any more detailed plans? Plus Bikermole, if you want to meet in Sudbury i know the back way via haverhill, might take a tad longer but is more 125 friendly lol
I have no idea whats happening after the meet, I'd only thought as far ahead as taking some pictures, and riding to get some lunch! :p
Curly, I plan to ride through Sudbury to get to cambridge, so I could probably meet you en route, say, at the swimming pool (I know where it is :))

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Bikermole said:
CurlyBlakey said:
I have no idea whats happening after the meet, I'd only thought as far ahead as taking some pictures, and riding to get some lunch! :p
Curly, I plan to ride through Sudbury to get to cambridge, so I could probably meet you en route, say, at the swimming pool (I know where it is :))

You have to pay to park in there, the train station is next to it and is free, there would be better! What time are we thinking? i need to be home by 3 to get ready for work, so a morning meet would work better for me, don't know about those with distances to travel though!

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
CurlyBlakey said:
You have to pay to park in there, the train station is next to it and is free, there would be better! What time are we thinking? i need to be home by 3 to get ready for work, so a morning meet would work better for me, don't know about those with distances to travel though!

At the moment were meeting at midday, and itll probably tak an hour to get from yours to milton, so you'd have a couple of hours with us, unless I can change the meet time to say, 10.30 or 11.00 so we would get more out of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts