Status
Not open for further replies.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I'm a maybe too. Depends what your plan is after you've met at Tesco.

Thats a VERY uncertain maybe though, its a hell of a trek down to Cambridge (I've done it enough times :p ).

jack0305

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2011
Essex, in Blighty
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Weee-strom
I will be heading to west mersea on saturday or sunday to take a photo of a church for a game of biker phototag I am part of (and winning). Then probably trying to find a landmark just north of colchester if anyone from there fancies meeting for a high 5or something. Not definate at the moment but more than likely.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Friz said:

Thats a VERY uncertain maybe though, its a hell of a trek down to Cambridge (I've done it enough times :p ).
I've no idea what to do after meeting to be honest :) I've never been to Milton, and don't know what's nearby :lol:

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
jack0305 said:
I will be heading to west mersea on saturday or sunday to take a photo of a church for a game of biker phototag I am part of (and winning). Then probably trying to find a landmark just north of colchester if anyone from there fancies meeting for a high 5or something. Not definate at the moment but more than likely.
this weekend? Seeing as I live in colchester its hardly far to go :lol: Give me a shout if you do.as well as when :)

CLARKY

Wannabie Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canvey Island
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Fj1200
jack0305 said:

Sunday is eb rideout in the morning with bowling at festival leisure in the afternoon....

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
I'll be doing 93.3 miles each way according to Google maps :p I dont have a Sat Nav or map pouch on my tankbag so I predict a few stops here and there! Should be able to complete the trip on 3/2 Tanks of fuel easilly including biking around whilst we're all there :) Apart from that Ill probly use 1/2 a bottle of 2 stoke oil so around £20 for fuel and £6 for oil, £26 doesnt sound took bad for my first exciting trip! :D

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
sstimmyy said:
I'll be doing 93.3 miles each way according to Google maps :p I dont have a Sat Nav or map pouch on my tankbag so I predict a few stops here and there! Should be able to complete the trip on 3/2 Tanks of fuel easilly including biking around whilst we're all there :) Apart from that Ill probly use 1/2 a bottle of 2 stoke oil so around £20 for fuel and £6 for oil, £26 doesnt sound took bad for my first exciting trip! :D

your NSR is a two stroke?

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Mikesmotorbike said:
sstimmyy said:

your NSR is a two stroke?

Yep! That's why Honda stopped making it and introduced the CBR 125, I prefer the looks of the NSR and the single cylinder 2 stroke is certainly capable of making it shift! (derestricted they can get 100mph+). The CBR is obviously the nicer sounding and more reliable of the two though! The NSR is in the same class as the Aprillia RS 125 ...being a Honda it's obviously much much better though! :p

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
sstimmyy said:

Good stuff
I've got a 125 mile round trip ahead of me, and a bit of riding while there should take me to 200 or so miles, or a full tank of petrol :D
I have got a map pouch, but I have got a good idea of how to get to cambridge from bury st edmonds down the A14 for 20 miles!
I'm looking at £15-£20 in petrol depending on how I ride on the slower parts :p
Should be a good day, It'll be my first meetup, hopefully the first of many to come :)

I actually came very close to buying a 'cosmetically challenged' NSR last march, but it sold before I could chat to the dealer, Its a stunning bike!

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Friz said:

Will be great if you can make it Friz! Still need to size up our bikes together before I sell mine :p

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
sstimmyy said:
Friz said:

Will be great if you can make it Friz! Still need to size up our bikes together before I sell mine :p

What you looking at getting? I'm heading towards a ninja 250 when I change

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Bikermole said:
sstimmyy said:

Good stuff
I've got a 125 mile round trip ahead of me, and a bit of riding while there should take me to 200 or so miles, or a full tank of petrol :D
I have got a map pouch, but I have got a good idea of how to get to cambridge from bury st edmonds down the A14 for 20 miles!
I'm looking at £15-£20 in petrol depending on how I ride on the slower parts :p
Should be a good day, It'll be my first meetup, hopefully the first of many to come :)

I actually came very close to buying a 'cosmetically challenged' NSR last march, but it sold before I could chat to the dealer, Its a stunning bike!

First for me too mate! :) ahhh, the lovely fuel econemy of 125s haha :p You probably made the right choice to go for a YBR in the end as I personally regret spending lot's on a 125 when I could have just got my test done in a couple of months and moved on to somthing bigger saving some money! These 125 'super sport' 2 strokes get thrashed a lot too by the enexperienced owners... I think the fact that I am the 8th owner in as many years of it's life shows how much love it's had from most people :(

Very much looking forward to this, any idea of where we'll go once we get there? Im going to speak ot my aunt who lives in Cambridge to see if theres any chance i could stay at hers overnight on friday to break up the travelling a bit. It's not me I'm worried about, its my bike! haha

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
I honestly have no idea what is in the area in terms of roads or stuff to look at, I figured we could get something to eat and introduce ourselves first, but after that, I dont know yet, if anyone has any knowledge of cambridge, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Bikermole said:
sstimmyy said:
Friz said:

What you looking at getting? I'm heading towards a ninja 250 when I change

I've been looking at either a Triumph Daytona 600 or Honda Hornet 600, both pre 2004. Leaning much more towards the Hornet though as Friz quite rightly pointed out that the Daytona would be pointless on a throttle twist 33bhp restriction as all the powers up the top end... Daytona wont do luggage easilly either as the pillion seat is tiny and the tanks made of plastic! :p

I love the Ninja 250! Always wanted one after watching Rebelyells videos but i think id rather go straight to a 600 which ill be happy holding onto for a while :)

triumph_daytona_6001.jpg

Hornet2002yellow.jpg

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Bikermole said:
I honestly have no idea what is in the area in terms of roads or stuff to look at, I figured we could get something to eat and introduce ourselves first, but after that, I dont know yet, if anyone has any knowledge of cambridge, it would be greatly appreciated! :)
Sounds's good, im sure Curley will know the area a bit better :)

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
For drool purposes, the daytona has my vote, If your using the bike every day for commuting etc, the hornet is much more comfortable, as well as more useable, but still has enough power to raise a smile.
Im going for the 250 as its cheaper to run, insure, tax etc then a 650, in a couple of years ill probably change up, after I get another few years no claims!

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Bikermole said:
For drool purposes, the daytona has my vote, If your using the bike every day for commuting etc, the hornet is much more comfortable, as well as more useable, but still has enough power to raise a smile.
Im going for the 250 as its cheaper to run, insure, tax etc then a 650, in a couple of years ill probably change up, after I get another few years no claims!

I just had a look at the Ninja after seeing my local ktm/kawisaki garage is selling a couple of 2011 models at clearance proce... £3799 but I bet I could get a bit more knocked off... only problem is insurance for me would be almost £3000 for those fully comp! Half that for the Hornet or Daytona... I am VERY confused :(

EDIT: If i wait until i have a years no claims it drops considerably to under a grand fully comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts