Status
Not open for further replies.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
my videos are frequently inspecting the lines on the road too. I have the bloggie and think my nose points the camera too far down after I start into a vlog.

back to your topic, I know people have used thick velcro stacked piece on top of piece to create a lip on the inside of the helmet to push the angle of the back back a little bit. how you experimented with that at all?

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
What sucks about this camera setup is that you will have to do one or more of these things to get a better angle.

1. Put a spacer near the center of the camera that angles the camera back more, but squishes your nose more. This is not ideal for riders with big heads or large noses.
2. Cut out some foam in the helmet where the camera would sit, and use spacers or whatever to get the proper angle. This is done by those with larger heads and cannot angle the camera back without modifying the helmet. This is not recommended because it can ruin the safeness and effectiveness of your helmet.
3. Mount your camera up further. This will change the angle some, but will block more of your view.
4. Tilt your head and/or helmet back more to get a better viewing angle. This would probably be uncomfortable.
5. Get a different helmet that has more space so you can modify the angle by adding spacers or whatever.
6. Get a horizontal compact camera without a protruding lens instead that you can sit on the inside of your helmet on the brim brim. This will give you the proper angle once you bring your shield down, and it's the camera setup that blocks the most view out of other camera setups, and it's also what many motovloggers do/have done. (M13, me, ashf00t, zmagic97, Woodenchairs, etc. etc.)

blazingrobin

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2011
Brewer, ME
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2002 Yamaha R6
ToastToGo said:
What sucks about this camera setup is that you will have to do one or more of these things to get a better angle.

1. Put a spacer near the center of the camera that angles the camera back more, but squishes your nose more. This is not ideal for riders with big heads or large noses.
2. Cut out some foam in the helmet where the camera would sit, and use spacers or whatever to get the proper angle. This is done by those with larger heads and cannot angle the camera back without modifying the helmet. This is not recommended because it can ruin the safeness and effectiveness of your helmet.
3. Mount your camera up further. This will change the angle some, but will block more of your view.
4. Tilt your head and/or helmet back more to get a better viewing angle. This would probably be uncomfortable.
5. Get a different helmet that has more space so you can modify the angle by adding spacers or whatever.
6. Get a horizontal compact camera without a protruding lens instead that you can sit on the inside of your helmet on the brim brim. This will give you the proper angle once you bring your shield down, and it's the camera setup that blocks the most view out of other camera setups, and it's also what many motovloggers do/have done. (M13, me, ashf00t, zmagic97, Woodenchairs, etc. etc.)
Yea what i might have to end up doing is buying a new camera, mostly because this one is too wide to do anything with(changing the angle). anyone have any ideas on that. I would like to keep the same setup because im comfortable with it and it doesnt block my view much at all.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
As much as it kills me to say this.

Get a Drift. (Outside the helemet set up) & a mic running into the helmet.

You can't beat it really, nothing blocking your view all you have to do is blabba for 5minutes or however long you feel like.

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
A camera set up is a personnel thing, and everyone has there own way,

but as said, the Drift is a excellent camera, easy to mount, set up and the external mic is awesome.

my set up with the Drift
IMAG0042.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

blazingrobin

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2011
Brewer, ME
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2002 Yamaha R6
yea i might just end up going with a drift hd170 stealth when i can get the money. but i guess for now i will have to deal with my current setup and see how i can modify that to get a good set of videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts