Serious I Had A Crash...stay Safe Out There Guys!

CodeNameAB

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
Leuven
I ride a
Coming soon!
Take care man. Its good that you were fully geared.

Just to clarify, the road where you were waiting for green light seemed to be wide enough for two lanes but the road on the left was only single lane? I am trying to understand why that car surprised you.

DDR

Wannabie Member
May 17, 2016
I ride a
Honda CB125F
It looked like the Audi made a wider turn than it was supposed to(?). But yeah, I would agree it was mostly unavoidable. Glad it was minor injuries, but my heart would definitely also cry if what happened to your bike happened to mine.

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Take care man. Its good that you were fully geared.

Just to clarify, the road where you were waiting for green light seemed to be wide enough for two lanes but the road on the left was only single lane? I am trying to understand why that car surprised you.

Its a really shitty road as far as design goes. The traffic lights where i was waiting is actually 3 lanes, with a lane to the left of the white car. It turns onto the roundabout which is also 3 lanes but only looks like it has room for 2 if you take into account the hatch markings. I was new to the road so i assumed the hatch markings were guiding me, being the furthest over and nearest to them, into my lane but common practice on that road seems to be to go over the hatching if youre in my lane. Heres a picture to show the aerial view.

http://imgur.com/n132DNR

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
It looked like the Audi made a wider turn than it was supposed to(?). But yeah, I would agree it was mostly unavoidable. Glad it was minor injuries, but my heart would definitely also cry if what happened to your bike happened to mine.

It was the road more than the driver. Apparently theres what the road markings suggest and then theres what regularly users do and i followed what i thought the road was telling me

CodeNameAB

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
Leuven
I ride a
Coming soon!
Its a really shitty road as far as design goes. The traffic lights where i was waiting is actually 3 lanes, with a lane to the left of the white car. It turns onto the roundabout which is also 3 lanes but only looks like it has room for 2 if you take into account the hatch markings. I was new to the road so i assumed the hatch markings were guiding me, being the furthest over and nearest to them, into my lane but common practice on that road seems to be to go over the hatching if youre in my lane. Heres a picture to show the aerial view.

http://imgur.com/n132DNR

That's such a shitty and confusing design esp when someone is there for the first time. You should sue the road works department for millions :D
Anyways, its plain bad luck. Hope you will be back on the road soon!

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
That's a crappy road design...
That's such a shitty and confusing design esp when someone is there for the first time. You should sue the road works department for millions :D
Anyways, its plain bad luck. Hope you will be back on the road soon!

I was so angry when I came off at first because I swore that the Audi driver had forced me over but I watched the traffic as I waited by the side of the road, then the video and then looking at that picture and i should've avoided the situation but it's annoying the situation wouldn't have happened with a decent road set up

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I'd like to promote this fella if you don't mind

I like the cock up videos where it's well, just a cock and you're not blaming everyone and anyone except yourself. I'm guessing you were 50/50 really. No real point in passing blame

Shit happens. You dealt with it well

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
I'd like to promote this fella if you don't mind

I like the cock up videos where it's well, just a cock and you're not blaming everyone and anyone except yourself. I'm guessing you were 50/50 really. No real point in passing blame

Shit happens. You dealt with it well

Fine by me.

Yeh i agree. I've seen some special crash videos of people blaming every little thing other than just taking the hit and learning the lesson.

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
You took the high road after that crash. Not many people would. That road design is horrible though, I bet accidents happen over there all the time.

DDR

Wannabie Member
May 17, 2016
I ride a
Honda CB125F
Wow, that's definitely a horrible road design. :/

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts