hundreds of free songs !

AndyManCam

www.youtube.com/anymancam
Feb 26, 2014
Hamburg
I ride a
Versys 650
I'd personally be very careful here. Unless he (the composer) provides an actual license allowing commercial use of the music you could run into trouble if you monetise your videos.

Worst case, say you monetise a video and it gets 20,000 views. He can retrospectively ask that you reimburse for the commercial use of his tunes and take a share of everything that you make, or worse still sue you for copyright infringements. I'm not saying he will. Exposure is good for unsigned musicians, but it COULD happen.

Free to download DOESN'T mean free to use in media projects.

Reactions: ShiftHer and kuhlka

MsRandomnS

Makes vlogs, deletes them.
Oct 20, 2014
Atlanta/Decatur, Ga
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
I'd personally be very careful here. Unless he (the composer) provides an actual license allowing commercial use of the music you could run into trouble if you monetise your videos.

Worst case, say you monetise a video and it gets 20,000 views. He can retrospectively ask that you reimburse for the commercial use of his tunes and take a share of everything that you make, or worse still sue you for copyright infringements. I'm not saying he will. Exposure is good for unsigned musicians, but it COULD happen.

Free to download DOESN'T mean free to use in media projects.

Seconded. And even if you choose not to monetize your videos, there could still be problems. It's good practice to only use music when the artist or label is very clear on what they consider acceptable use. Also, be sure that you have proof (written in detail by artist/label or something posted on their site) that you can use their music in the way that you are using it in case things go upside down on you.

Apologies, my posts always seem to get a bit wordy.

AndyManCam

www.youtube.com/anymancam
Feb 26, 2014
Hamburg
I ride a
Versys 650
Incidentally, I make music!

I've just realised I'm missing an opportunity to help some of you guys out and get some exposure!

It's possibly not the type of music most readily associated with Motorcycles, but still, different strokes for different folks!

Anyway, here's the deal: You can use my music in any of your videos, monetize them if you like but on 3 conditions.

1. You buy the song first! (Trust me, £0.79 is a bargain, Licensing a song > £50 per 1000 views last time I tried)

2. You put the Title and the Author in the actual video for 5 seconds.

3. You put The Title, Author, My website (www.theandrewpage.com) and Download link in the description.

Seems fair to me! :D

You can find the music here:

iTunes: http://bit.ly/OTDiTunes

Amazon: http://bit.ly/OTDamazon

Google Play: http://bit.ly/OTDgplay

Spotify: http://bit.ly/OTDspotify

Reactions: MrJoel and Taz792

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Ah Andy I had no idea! I'm going to see if you have a nice intro/outro jingle I can use. I'd much rather support a fellow (hilarious) vlogger than a random person.

BeastRider

BEAST and WAR MACHINE... Perfect together.
Dec 22, 2014
New York
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014 Indian Chief Vintage
I would love for someone to clearly explain the details of using other music for youtube videos. I'm a singer/songwriter and use either my own music or the free stuff in iMovie. But I would really like to expand.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
So either you need to own the copyright, or you need to use music where you are free to use it (often with a credit) such as Creative Commons Attribution. Josh Woodward offers most of his tracks royalty free, and has some film tracks you can buy for broadcast for a one off fee that allows you unlimited use. JoshWoodward.com

BeastRider

BEAST and WAR MACHINE... Perfect together.
Dec 22, 2014
New York
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014 Indian Chief Vintage
So either you need to own the copyright, or you need to use music where you are free to use it (often with a credit) such as Creative Commons Attribution. Josh Woodward offers most of his tracks royalty free, and has some film tracks you can buy for broadcast for a one off fee that allows you unlimited use. JoshWoodward.com
Good to know. Thanks.

RoAddiction

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2013
I ride a
Yamaha R6
Guys, i'v e followed mrsuicidesheep on soundcloud etc for ages and just want to let you all know before using the music, he uploads "free" music ie: as in the original artist has enabled or given the track away for download, it's definitely not non copyrighted music. I personally know a quite well known producer he featured that is signed onto the Monstercat labelbut the track was "given" away as a free download. Check screenshts and you'll notice artists like Adventure Club and Seven Lions very well may get your video flagged.

Au3URWH.png

lIwWqPx.png

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts