How many of your videos go unposted?

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I'm just getting started and published my first video in the past 48 hours...will share soon. My thoughts getting into this was that I wanted to do something that is fun and I enjoy while adding something of value hopefully to YT in the vlog space as I enjoy watching good stuff myself. In my mind...I will watch a lot of stuff that is high quality as far as video and audio. If I can't meet that standard I scrap it. It took me awhile to learn the ropes to get something that I felt was decent enough to put out. At the end of the day it is a hobby for me but I want to be proud of what I am putting out because it is out in the public view.

Good luck. Good values to stand by, but for me, whilst I want to be able to deliver high quality video and Audio, if there's something special I want to share that's going to make people laugh but it isn't in ultra high Res or the audio isn't perfect, am I going to scrap that footage? Nah, I'll make the best I can of it and still use it.

With Motovlogging don't forget your sitting on an engine with wind rushing past you. It's never going to be perfect, but, what you might capture in quality moments can outweigh quality audio visual

Good luck!

Reactions: WaltInPA and TBRD

MMVNJ

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2020
I ride a
Indian Scout
I shot some footage this past weekend as I was headed to the store. When I left there, I figured I'd shoot some more, but about a different topic. When I started reviewing the footage, I noticed a lot of wind noise on the footage after stopping at the store. Turns out the dead cat on my mic somehow came off. Never realized how effective that thing is. That twenty minutes of footage ended up right in the trash bin.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've just had to throw footage I recorded today away too thanks to terrible wind noise, can be frustrating.

Reactions: MMVNJ

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
The number one thing I would be unhappy with is the editing. It's the thing that take sooo long, too long. Most of my last vids have been straight uploads, zero edits. So either I upload that or nothing at all!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
The number one thing I would be unhappy with is the editing. It's the thing that take sooo long, too long.

It never took me too long to edit a motovlog together, maybe two to three hours at most if I was being fancy.

HOWEVER, now that I have two GoPros with helmet & handlebar footage, and I'm editing between two video feeds while keeping the audio syncronized so I don't looke like I'm in a martial arts film from the 70's, yeah editing is now taking me longer. I edited one up last night which took me five hours to get it where I wanted it.

I think it will get speedier once I get more practice with dual camera videos, but I'm wondering if I need to look for sofware better than Shotcut too.

Reactions: Pooley

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
It takes me a while to edit a video, but I'm generally using 2 cameras or more. I look at each video as a short film, so I look for interesting music, graphics and then I try to log the footage to make editing easier. For big shoots I may have hours of footage that's daunting to try and review and log. That's the hard part, but once finished the editing becomes more enjoyable.

I think I have about 3 videos that I never posted because I just never got to them and RL issue got in the way too.

- Wolf

Reactions: Meifesto

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
2 cameras takes the most time, almost as bad as a separate audio recorder. Then the occasional editing software crash, then the render time. A more powerful computer would help the last issues but $$$.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
A more powerful computer would help the last issues but $$$.

I just built a brand new PC for myself. Mine was a 10 year old i5-2500K but the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is about to come out so I needed a new PC.

Editing on it is SOOOOO much nicer. No more waiting for the files to load in memory, no more stutters or lag while adding filters, no more choppy video previews while stitching clips together, it's all super fast and smooth now. Bonus perk is while it used to take me 2-4 hours to compile a video it takes my new PC about 10 minutes, LOL!!!!!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I love editing with more than one camera, I find it so much easier and they look so much less choppy and can pretty much almost completely cut out gaps in chatting.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
I love editing with more than one camera, I find it so much easier and they look so much less choppy and can pretty much almost completely cut out gaps in chatting.

Yep, that's one big benefit I've noticed when editing a dual cam video, it really does make cuts both easier and more seamless. It's kind of nice honestly, but really I just love having different perspectives in my motovlogs.

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
If I edit a video I post it, but there's a lot of tape left on the cutting room floor. With 2 or 3 or 4 cameras running there is lots of clips to choose from.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I like the result of using 2 camera's. And the fact that it feels like there are fewer holes in the video.
But the editing is still something i need to get used to.

And using a second camera is even worse. I forget it so often....
Really thinking about using a permanent mountingpoint, which should make it easier to use.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I just built a brand new PC for myself. Mine was a 10 year old i5-2500K but the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is about to come out so I needed a new PC.

Editing on it is SOOOOO much nicer. No more waiting for the files to load in memory, no more stutters or lag while adding filters, no more choppy video previews while stitching clips together, it's all super fast and smooth now. Bonus perk is while it used to take me 2-4 hours to compile a video it takes my new PC about 10 minutes, LOL!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. I need something new. Can I ask what specs did you go with? And about how much did you have to pay? Although I've modified my current laptop hardware I'd likely buy a a new pre built setup.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Can I ask what specs did you go with? And about how much did you have to pay?

Ryzen 3700X
MSI MPG X570 motherboard
32 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
650W EVGA power supply
1 TB NVME SSD, 2 TB M2 SSD
GTX 970 video card (my old card, waiting for the 30XX cards to come out "soon")
Fractal Design Define 7 case

All together I paid $790 for it all, but I will be buying a new Nvidia Ampere card later this year when they come out. The PC runs like a dream, it's fast and snappy and hopefully it lasts me ten years like my old i5-2500 system did!

I should note this is overkill for just doing video editing, but I mainly built this system for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator coming out in a few weeks. :cool:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Mengy, how's that new rig handling MFS??? That sim is a BEAST! I've seen some in-game footage from it, and it's eye-popping how real it looks, as well as the under-the-hood stuff I've read/watched on it!

FWIW, a couple of months ago my HP Envy laptop (circa mid-2017) started showing hardware faults, so I finally replaced it ... with an MSI GE75 Raider laptop. i7-10750H processor, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce 2070 SUPER graphics card. I added my external drives (both platter-style); one is 8TB, the other is 4TB. I also upgraded from Davinci Resolve 16 to DR17, and it uses up to 17.5GB of RAM while editing and rendering, but renders a 20 minute video in about 45 minutes (source on my SSD, render on my 4TB platter drive) and allows for very seamless multicam editing. If I put the multicam clips on my platter drives, the editing is quite choppy and much harder.

-John

Reactions: HRMV

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Mengy, how's that new rig handling MFS??? That sim is a BEAST!

The new PC handles MFS fantastic, and it also renders video SOOOOO much faster than my old PC did. A vidoe that used to take me 2 hours to render now renders in 12 minutes, it's awesome.

Still need to buy a new 3070 Nvidia graphics card, that should improve both MFS and render times. The new cards are hard to get now though because they sell out instantly, hopefully I can get one in a few months or so.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
The new PC handles MFS fantastic, and it also renders video SOOOOO much faster than my old PC did. A vidoe that used to take me 2 hours to render now renders in 12 minutes, it's awesome.

Still need to buy a new 3070 Nvidia graphics card, that should improve both MFS and render times. The new cards are hard to get now though because they sell out instantly, hopefully I can get one in a few months or so.

That's great to hear, about MFS and render times! Before I got my new laptop, my old one took about 2.5 hours to render a 10 or 12 minute video. The new one does it in 20 minutes or so.

Watch out on your expectations of improved render times with a new graphics card and Resolve. If you're using the free version like I am, it only uses the GPU for certain tasks. According to my research, the paid version will fully utilize the GPU for renders, speeding them up that much more.

If you're buying the new graphics card for MFS (as I suspect you are) then do it. :D

Gotta love those sub-30m render times, right? I love being able to hit Render, eat lunch, and come back to a completed render job. It's taken hours off my workflow.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts