How many of your videos go unposted?

WEB

Wannabie Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I've never trashed a video, but I have done retakes umpteenth times...

Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
I've never trashed a video, but I have done retakes umpteenth times...
Oh I've definitely done the "okay, this is take 20 and if I screw it up I'll just go with the best of what I've got."

I've probably scrapped a half-dozen overall. Sometimes it's due to a technical issue like weird buzzy audio or camera angles being off, but usually it's because my battery died and I wasn't even recording for half the ride without noticing until I went to edit and was like "uhhhh hey, where's that whole ten-minute spiel about [topic]?"

MotorPont

Wannabe Swedish biker
Mar 31, 2020
Sweden
I ride a
Kawasaki Zzr1400
I have a few projects that will most likely never get done. All the footage is done but in the middle of editing it just didn't turn out the way I wanted and I just scrapped it.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I've only experienced unrecorded footage, as in I thought I had the camera on record, but it was still off.

Normally I will sort thru the taken footage as soon as possible, make a note in the video file name for anything important, and those that have nothing, I delete it. This is all pre-editing. Editing will come at a later time but at least I have already marked what's important in the file name so it's easier to grab what I want quickly.

Being on this lock down has given me time to slowly clear out my back-logs but if they extend it further I probably will run out of back-logs to clear.

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
Probably this one of today.
Perfect weather: Check
Dual cams: Check
Cams charged: uh oh, one battery down
Mic: SH*T! helmet mic not plugged in!

And I had the perfect opportunity to talk about the crisis, the update on the build, the viffer and all other things where I never talk about in my other videos.. Will be one for next week I think. Redo everything.

Better write something on my tank to make me remember all things what I need to check before I ride...

Most footage I record goes into a buffer of 2TB, then if I have enough footage that I don't need then it goes into the trash. Buffer can go 2 months back of everyday riding.

Reactions: Pooley and Meifesto

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Normally I will sort thru the taken footage as soon as possible, make a note in the video file name for anything important, and those that have nothing, I delete it. This is all pre-editing. Editing will come at a later time but at least I have already marked what's important in the file name so it's easier to grab what I want quickly.
Nice, this is exactly what i do as well!

Reactions: SighBored

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I'm the same, if a video just seems.. off, then I will just scrap that bugger and try again. I want to be 100% happy with what I put out.

It's easy for me to look back and think "well that was a pants video", but where's the fun in not have that learning curve of trial and error to find what works best :)

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Like many others on here I have also had many recordings find their way into the recycling bin for variety of reasons.

I know some of you are thing, god how bad was the stuff he binned given some of the drivel he has published lol

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I'm the same, if a video just seems.. off, then I will just scrap that bugger and try again. I want to be 100% happy with what I put out.
Yes, i fully agree.
And no, not always. Somethings you know will never happen again, either it be a one of a kind moment, or a bike you maybe got for loan or ...

Reactions: HRMV

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts