How many of your videos go unposted?

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I'm probably not the only one who has recorded footage and either encountered technical issues, like forgetting to press record on my sound. Or simply making a boring video resulting in me dragging the project into the recycle bin..

I'm wondering if any of you run into this problem or have experienced anything like it. My mindset is, that I only want to publish a video if I am 100% happy with it, and that's why I'm posting this really, to see what you guys think/feel on the topic.

Let me know your thoughts :D

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I’ve bined quite a few over the years for varoius reasons such as not happy with it, be boring or recording the start and not finsihing it or waffleing on too much and not being able to edit it with out it being able to get decent cuts. I deon’t have an excat number but it‘s only been a mionrity

Reactions: Pooley

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've def thrown a lot of videos away, sometimes in a hissy fit of frustration with tech issues, others just because they were rubbish or the camera was slightly wonky. I do keep a few vids aside for rainy days etc incase I am unable to get out on the bike for any reason.

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Binned quite a few as well.
Normally less than 1 per month luckily.

But i got a new mic, which i have to turn on and off.
I have deleted a little bit more than i wanted to, shall we say >.<
Recording audio externally has this problem I have found...

Reactions: HippoDrone

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I’ve bined quite a few over the years for varoius reasons such as not happy with it, be boring or recording the start and not finsihing it or waffleing on too much and not being able to edit it with out it being able to get decent cuts. I deon’t have an excat number but it‘s only been a mionrity
Glad it's a minority chris, I have felt boring a few times but I think that's just my personality hahaha!
I've def thrown a lot of videos away, sometimes in a hissy fit of frustration with tech issues, others just because they were rubbish or the camera was slightly wonky. I do keep a few vids aside for rainy days etc incase I am unable to get out on the bike for any reason.
I suspected you may have lost a lot due to tech issues, blast you GoPro!!!

Hopefully with the new Insta be unveiled tech issues may be a thing if the past :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It isn't just GoPro, Insta360 have caused me many issues, as has TASCAM and my own errors :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It is a mic plugged into the action cam xD
I used a normal mic, but wanted an upgrade. So got a lavalier mic, but one that works with a battery. Very interesting, not always helpful xD
GoPro One Touch Record generally requires a self powered microphone to work now sadly too. Really annoying as it means I have to now turn on the camera before hitting record.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
GoPro One Touch Record generally requires a self powered microphone to work now sadly too. Really annoying as it means I have to now turn on the camera before hitting record.

Yupe, and a change your mic's battery is dead is also a risk.
But that was a risk i was willing to take.
Now i just need to remember to turn the bloody thing one xD

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
It isn't just GoPro, Insta360 have caused me many issues, as has TASCAM and my own errors :)
Oh bugger, you just can't get a break from technology failing you!

Before I discovered the 'HOLD' button on the Tascam it was always hit and miss whether I would have a successful recording, maybe I should read the manual next time hahaha

• Haha

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
It is a mic plugged into the action cam xD
I used a normal mic, but wanted an upgrade. So got a lavalier mic, but one that works with a battery. Very interesting, not always helpful xD
Oh kind of similar to recording externally, in the sense that you have another battery to worry about, in my case it's all hail rechargeable AA batteries!

Is the mic linked to your camera then, or do you have to sync it up in post?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Oh bugger, you just can't get a break from technology failing you!

Before I discovered the 'HOLD' button on the Tascam it was always hit and miss whether I would have a successful recording, maybe I should read the manual next time hahaha
Aye the hold button is a must. My main problem with the TASCAM was the mic coming unplugged as it isn't a very tight fitting. I use Velcro to hold it in now when I use the TASCM.

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Aye the hold button is a must. My main problem with the TASCAM was the mic coming unplugged as it isn't a very tight fitting. I use Velcro to hold it in now when I use the TASCM.
Now that is deffo a Hippo top tip I'm going to be stealing!! Noticed this myself and wondered how I could improve it, thanks :D

• Love

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Oh kind of similar to recording externally, in the sense that you have another battery to worry about, in my case it's all hail rechargeable AA batteries!

Is the mic linked to your camera then, or do you have to sync it up in post?

It is plugged in the camera with a 2.5mm jack ;)

TazHD

Wannabie Member
Mar 20, 2020
Florida
I ride a
2016 Street Glide
I'm probably not the only one who has recorded footage and either encountered technical issues, like forgetting to press record on my sound. Or simply making a boring video resulting in me dragging the project into the recycle bin..

I'm wondering if any of you run into this problem or have experienced anything like it. My mindset is, that I only want to publish a video if I am 100% happy with it, and that's why I'm posting this really, to see what you guys think/feel on the topic.

Let me know your thoughts :D

All of them

• Haha

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
All of them
I often find a lot of my raw footage is... not brilliant. But clever editing can make even the most boring video funny or entertaining!!

Always sit on a video you're unsure about for a few days, long editing sessions can make the same footage become really monotonous. I like to sleep on it and watch it later like I'm a viewer sort of thing :)

Reactions: HRMV and TazHD

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Yeah, I have a bunch of crap footage I'll never use, and I've only been filming stuff for a month now!

One day I was testing a shield over my mics to try and reduce wind noise even further, but the shield partially covered the top of my camera too so that two hour long ride was junk, lol.

In the first few days I didn't have any foam over my mics at all so I got lots of wind noise, that's all unusable.

I'm actually thinking about making a "bloopers" vid using a lot of my junk footage for comedic purposes, lol!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts