How Long Till Your First 1000 Followers?

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Be that on FB or youtube? How long didi t take you to get your first 200 likes, then 500, then 1000? I'm very curious if I'm doing it right or wrong and I don't have any metric to compare to.

Also, I've always found first few hundrends/thousands the most difficult to get. I'm mainly working on FB since my target audience (local people, local language) is mainly on FB, rarely has a youtube account.

Give me your tips, motovlog masterminds and FB gurus.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I got the 100+ subs down but that was due in part to being asked to be a videographer for a sizeable riding group.

The views are what is impressive to me because I have heard tales of buying subs or subs not viewing. My little 148 subs surely has not completed all 60k+ views. Part of that is when I did a couple motorcycle reviews and then published them on forums specific for those bikes.

All this done in one year, so I am not a guru yet.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I don't know if I'll be able to hit 1000 by the end of this year.

I started my personal Youtube channel, that became my motovlogging channel, in late 2014, managed to hit 500 subs last December, and am sitting at 840 subs as of now.

I opened another channel to cover Cosplay conventions and videography, as well as anime figure unboxings and reviews around late 2016, now sitting at 100 subs.

It's incredibly difficult to punch through the first few hundreds honestly, once you get up to a certain mass it'll just roll on it's own accord, assuming you have decent content.

Reactions: RiderInRed

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
At my rate I should hit 1000 by next millennium easy ;)

Honestly it really doesn't bother me and I'm glad I don't have thousands of subs because then it would feel like there's more pressure to keep producing stuff.

Motovloging will very rarely bring the high numbers. My most viewed video isn't bike related at all but of course involves guns :D
wowzers, 224,000 views aint shabby! :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
that was the view count for that vid only, your channel is higher than that! :)

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
Wow, and I'm sitting here being all happy and *** with 5 subs I got in the last few days :3
You guys are doing great!

mcpro

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2017
I ride a
CBR1000RR Honda Fireblade
I think the reason most people have a large number of subs is the time element. Interestingly most well established channels tended to have built their channel around 3-4 years ago and that's when I think youtube was at its strongest. There are some great vloggers out there, especially with motorcycle content, which just remember compared to other areas of interest, it's actually reasonably small. When you think about it, that smallish group of potential subs only have so many hours of the day. So unless, people are either new or just killing time browsing motorcycle content, only then is it likely that your newbie channel will get discovered amongst all the other truck loads out there. If your lucky, and that viewer likes what they see you may just gain a sub. So I think it's really about a community thing, if you are involved and engaging not just from a video churner of content perspective but in engaging with others and their content through commenting etc., and just really getting involved, then I think if you are not doing this it will be a long slow road, but what does it matter when we are here for the love right?

MCProcrastinator

shift_love

too many bikes, too little time
May 29, 2017
I ride a
a lot of stuff (grom, crf150r, rc390, cbr600rr, ducati streetfighter 848)
I think the reason most people have a large number of subs is the time element. Interestingly most well established channels tended to have built their channel around 3-4 years ago and that's when I think youtube was at its strongest. There are some great vloggers out there, especially with motorcycle content, which just remember compared to other areas of interest, it's actually reasonably small. When you think about it, that smallish group of potential subs only have so many hours of the day. So unless, people are either new or just killing time browsing motorcycle content, only then is it likely that your newbie channel will get discovered amongst all the other truck loads out there. If your lucky, and that viewer likes what they see you may just gain a sub. So I think it's really about a community thing, if you are involved and engaging not just from a video churner of content perspective but in engaging with others and their content through commenting etc., and just really getting involved, then I think if you are not doing this it will be a long slow road, but what does it matter when we are here for the love right?

MCProcrastinator

im happy to have reached 60 the other day and 62 today, but you make a really good point. youtube exploded in popularity a few years ago, a lot of the vloggers with giant views and subs also have tons of videos out there, theyve been doing it for awhile. also, ive noticed that some of these vloggers have tons of views, but not a lot of subs, so they might have paid a lot to promote a video, gotten a lot of views off of it, but then they may not have garnished very many subs. when i see channels with 961k subs, but only 50-100k views per video, thats probably a better expectation. subs do matter. sure you get views, but when looking at the other vloggers, small subs+large views they either struck gold on a particular video or they PAID to promote it through google

Reactions: mcpro

mcpro

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2017
I ride a
im happy to have reached 60 the other day and 62 today, but you make a really good point. youtube exploded in popularity a few years ago, a lot of the vloggers with giant views and subs also have tons of videos out there, theyve been doing it for awhile. also, ive noticed that some of these vloggers have tons of views, but not a lot of subs, so they might have paid a lot to promote a video, gotten a lot of views off of it, but then they may not have garnished very many subs. when i see channels with 961k subs, but only 50-100k views per video, thats probably a better expectation. subs do matter. sure you get views, but when looking at the other vloggers, small subs+large views they either struck gold on a particular video or they PAID to promote it through google

Yes agree totally. You can have vast quantities of views through advertising, however not gain subs. I would also say another limitation, channels which have been around a while also have established overtime and perfected a skill set for formatting there videos to better engage with the audience and they tend to be more eloquently delivered compared to the laymen who is just starting out, which if course can be a limiter from the offset. I think that Fail fast and fail fast is probably a reasonable approach. If you have a little money, test your content, gauge it, views vs subs etc....and reflect on that information, don't take negativity to heart instead try to refine your content to meet the platforms expectations. This is another good point, no one likes to be told what a load of crap you are right? What you think is good, others may not, welcome to the reality of conforming to a platform and its expectations. However, being more positive, just imagine youtube like some sort of script or format, the closer you get to that format, the more successful and higher the marks you will get and in return the more likely your channel is to grow, but this is just my thoughts.

AVBB

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2017
I ride a
Suzuki VanVan
Be that on FB or youtube? How long didi t take you to get your first 200 likes, then 500, then 1000? I'm very curious if I'm doing it right or wrong and I don't have any metric to compare to.

Also, I've always found first few hundrends/thousands the most difficult to get. I'm mainly working on FB since my target audience (local people, local language) is mainly on FB, rarely has a youtube account.

Give me your tips, motovlog masterminds and FB gurus.

Im currently sitting on 18 subs been running the channel for about a month is that good ? getting ok numbers of views but its hard getting subs

Reactions: Elke0602

mcpro

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2017
I ride a
Im currently sitting on 18 subs been running the channel for about a month is that good ? getting ok numbers of views but its hard getting subs

How man videos do you have AV?

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
You have 19 now :D
The subs don't really matter yet. Yes, it's nice to have loyal followers, but focus on the content and views for now :)
My first vlog was posted a month ago, so looks like we're on the same track! ;)

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Two videos a week? Is it a schedule? If you can commit to it, that's fine, but make sure you can keep that commitment for long term. Otherwise perhaps cutting it down to one a week or one every 2 weeks gives you time to gather various shots/content and edit them nicely giving better all-round quality per post.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
13 so far new ones released every Tuesday and Thursday :)
Is Thursday doing any good to you? I'm thinking of doing 2min mondays instead of releasing a full vlog episode (on monday like i've been doing for the past few weeks) and doing the full one on Saturday or Thursday. Any input? Thanks

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts