How Far Are You From The 10k Lifetime Views Monetization Goal.

How many lifetime view you have

• Under <1000

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 3000-5000

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 5000-9000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost there just a little bit more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Hi guys, I'm pretty close to being able to monetize my channel :). I'm at 9,895 Lifetime views. Yay. Its not gonna bring me millions, but it feels so good knowing I'm almost there :D. How far of are you guys.

p.s. I'f you want, you can give me a nudge by checking my channel :)

Sharktank

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
I ride a
2011 Road Glide Custom
I think i'm under 100 still on this channel. Thankfully, I got in on monetization on my fishing channel before these new rules took effect.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think you'll need around 200,000 views before YouTube will actually send you any money.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Sounds about right, If I recall you can't get money less than $100. So it may take 200k views to get there. Before the ad boycott i was running ads on my videos and have 10c :D. Not much but hey it is obviously working :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I think you'll need around 200,000 views before YouTube will actually send you any money.
Hardly, you just need to make a minimum of US$100 or equivalent from ad revenue for them to send you money. I very recently got my first payment ever after 3 years doing this.

You just need 10k views for ads to start appearing on your videos. Also, whether ads play on your videos depends on advertisers settings, your content's meta data and your viewers watch history. Newer channels with absolutely no data for YT to work with, tend to have no ads tacked on, even if monetization is turned on.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
how many lifetime views had your channel had when you got your cheque @Reize the 200k views was just a guesstimate but for my channel I think it is roughly correct going by my analytics

Sharktank

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
I ride a
2011 Road Glide Custom
Hardly, you just need to make a minimum of US$100 or equivalent from ad revenue for them to send you money. I very recently got my first payment ever after 3 years doing this.

You just need 10k views for ads to start appearing on your videos. Also, whether ads play on your videos depends on advertisers settings, your content's meta data and your viewers watch history. Newer channels with absolutely no data for YT to work with, tend to have no ads tacked on, even if monetization is turned on.

Same here, but on my fishing channel. I got $100 back in May. That channel is now back to $21 lol. I don't know how many views it has but I haven't posted content there in a while

Panotaker

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Austin, Texas
I ride a
2008 Yamaha FJR-1300
I got over 163,000 views, 332 subscribers, and I haven't made a penny yet. My channel is basically about my being a DJ, and about my drone footage. All those videos have music on them that are monitored by the artists, so I don't make a dime on those. On my drone videos, I picked songs that nobody heard of, and youtube still hit me with the copyright BS. At the time it was no big deal, since I figured nobody was going to watch them, but one of them has 18,000 views. It really doesn't matter since youtube would have to send me thousands of dollars, to make up for the money I spent making the videos, and I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. Now if people would just watch my motorcycle videos, those don't have any music on them.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Slight update, youtube changed something it seems. My channel has 9980 lifetime views and just now all my monetization options were removed. Unlisted videos don't count in the views count as well. So now by the looks of it youtube wants "channel views" instead of the listed "lifetime views". So I'm down to 590.... Oh well. Next year hopefully.....

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My views went up fast on a flukey video, I re edited a trackday video on my Moto Guzzi just as it would seem there was a stir of interest in the V7 and also still in winter where folk must have been having trackday withdrawals so were watching trackday videos more, I also got lucky as the trackday organiser shared my video and I was also on some facebook pages that were about the V7 so had a lot of potential viewers. If you can find an untapped niche and use good tags and description (and promote it yourself as well) you will get the views in not a lot of time, when I posted that video at the beginning of the year I only had around 10 subs, the video has had nearly 9k views now!

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Same here, but on my fishing channel. I got $100 back in May. That channel is now back to $21 lol. I don't know how many views it has but I haven't posted content there in a while

I have over 10K lifetime views and this enabled me to put ads on videos...

And I need $100 before I'm able to receive it (think its at £47)

All under 1000 Subscribers haha Its really weird but I have had the channel for a while....

Srider

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha fzs600 fazer
I'm still under 200 lifetime views but I am very new , check me out if you can "suffolkrider"

Reactions: Undead MV

PlanZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 15, 2017
North York Moors
I ride a
XSR700 - CRF250L
My views went up fast on a flukey video, I re edited a trackday video on my Moto Guzzi just as it would seem there was a stir of interest in the V7 and also still in winter where folk must have been having trackday withdrawals so were watching trackday videos more, I also got lucky as the trackday organiser shared my video and I was also on some facebook pages that were about the V7 so had a lot of potential viewers. If you can find an untapped niche and use good tags and description (and promote it yourself as well) you will get the views in not a lot of time, when I posted that video at the beginning of the year I only had around 10 subs, the video has had nearly 9k views now!
A single video going viral will get you over in a day, or just plod along for a year or two with the 100 view videos.
It should only be looked on as a bit of fun, only a handful make serious money and that partly from extra stuff like affiliate links in the description.
You can alienate your subscribers too by setting intrusive ads especially the ones part way through.
You need to think of keywords people might be searching for, especially in the title.
Then even if it doesn't come near the top in YT or Google search you are more likely to get on the similar video list alongside other popular ones.

Its a lot harder now than even 5 years ago.
I first started uploading almost 10 years ago and then a 20 second low-res blurry clip could get thousands of hits, because at first there was only about 6 videos on popular subjects - now there's 6 million similar ones and mostly they are in 4K with very capable editing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 27

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts