How Do You Wash Your Bike?

Mousez

It's a KLR kinda thing.
Apr 30, 2016
I ride a
2013 KLR 650
I ride a KLR. Just a pressure washer wash every few months.

nunoajc

Wannabie Member
May 10, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6 MY 03
2Q waterless Dudu It tissues and microfiber. If to dirty i use water pressure before.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_waterless-wash-duduit.jpg

nunoajc

Wannabie Member
May 10, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6 MY 03
Ive never seen anything like this, do you know of any other brands?

Unfortunately I don't know any other brand and I think that has been discontinued by manufacter.
but if you google " water less cleaning " you will find lots of info.
Amazon sell waterless product (spay bottles and microfiber) kits that work as well.

I only have used this tissues and are practical.
I never had used the spay bottle. Yet.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Unfortunately I don't know any other brand and I think that has been discontinued by manufacter.
but if you google " water less cleaning " you will find lots of info.
Amazon sell waterless product (spay bottles and microfiber) kits that work as well.

I only have used this tissues and are practical.
I never had used the spay bottle. Yet.

Okay thank-you, I normally use a foam bottle on my karcher's low settings to cover the bike then microfibre it down.

NevRR

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2015
United Kingdom
I ride a
Honda CBR600RR
Not sure if you have it in the States... but Muc-Off is awesome. Use about half of a one liter bottle per wash, but it always gets the crap off. Follow this up with WD-40 silicone shine and it looks as good as new.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Not sure if you have it in the States... but Muc-Off is awesome. Use about half of a one liter bottle per wash, but it always gets the crap off. Follow this up with WD-40 silicone shine and it looks as good as new.

Yeah, Muc-off is the good stuff.. but it's expensive!

Reactions: NevRR

nunoajc

Wannabie Member
May 10, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6 MY 03
Waterless cleaning just seems like scratched paint

I only use if is dust, bugs. If is really dirty I pressure wash before. No scratches so far. But yes if is sand or hard debris it may scratch.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
I would never use stuff like that on my car but my bike is all colored plastic and powder coat so I give it hell. Plus it's only $100 to replace all the plastics

Motorpsych

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2016
Japan, near Tokyo
I ride a
Honda VTR250
I use car shampoo after a light hose down (not pressurized) with a bucket of water and sponge. Rinse down, dry with microfiber cloth, then polish and or wax. I would stay away from using dish soap as it's usually very harsh and will strip the surface of the wax and coating that should stay. Of course if you want something really harsh to remove gunk, then dish soap will cut the grease.

Rath Rides

Wannabie Member
Mar 11, 2016
I ride a
2006 Polaris Outlaw 500 (ATV)
well since my atv is offroad, it gets washed a lot. and since it's designed for offroad there isnt a lot to cover up. basically I just cover the air filter with a plastic bag, tight with zip ties and I hose her way down.

Motovader

MOTOVADER
Jun 10, 2016
Burlington iowa
I ride a
2006 yamaha r6
i just take my bike to the car wash... every once in a while ill put a nice coat of Meguiars wax so i just rinse it and its clean protects the paint

BuckoVS

Wannabie Member
Jun 24, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki ZX6R 636 B1
My cleaning kit of choice is a Sponge, Bucket of cold water, Fairy liquid and a little elbow grease. After washing it down with all that and drying it off, I give it the once over with Pledge or Mr Sheen (other furniture polish is available) gives it a great shine and it is anti dust hahahahaha.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts