Hit And Run Caught By Motovlogger

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
This just came across a local riders FB group I'm on. Motovlogger RPSTV heard a crash behind him, then witnessed the hit and run. He took off after the runner and got his plate and the driver's face on video.

Then he went back to the scene of the crime, swapped contact info with the victim, and sent him the clip.

What would you do? It doesn't look like the rider had Bluetooth, or he could've called 911 (his phone is clearly visible in the video), followed the guy, and arranged a police intercept. I think he did the right thing. There's no point getting yourself hit, beat up, or shot by someone who's clearly not going to do the right thing.

Seeing this makes me want to get a Bluetooth setup in addition to the camera.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
This just came across a local riders FB group I'm on. Motovlogger RPSTV heard a crash behind him, then witnessed the hit and run. He took off after the runner and got his plate and the driver's face on video.

Then he went back to the scene of the crime, swapped contact info with the victim, and sent him the clip.

What would you do? It doesn't look like the rider had Bluetooth, or he could've called 911 (his phone is clearly visible in the video), followed the guy, and arranged a police intercept. I think he did the right thing. There's no point getting yourself hit, beat up, or shot by someone who's clearly not going to do the right thing.

Seeing this makes me want to get a Bluetooth setup in addition to the camera.

He did fine except when he cleared the intersection on the way to catch the other driver. That could have ended badly.

For anyone new to vlogging with the GoPro Hero4 cameras, the GoPro app (now called Capture) lets you clip 5-30 seconds out of a video for sending right from you smartphone synced to the camera.

The rider was right to break off contact because if that driver did not care about hitting a car, the motorcycle is an easy target.

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
I saw this on Reddit today!

I would have done the same thing. I hate people who don't take responsibilities for their actions. On Reddit everyone noticed this guys phone was busted so they started a fund to get this guy a new phone. Really cool gesture for someone who went out of their way to help someone.

I had something kind of similar happen to me before. I was riding with my camera rolling (before my vlogging days) and I saw some really bad road rage ahead of me on my way home from a ride. One car was trying to pass the other in the oncoming lane. Eventually they blew past them in an intercection and blocked the car in front. The dude got out screaming and trying to open the door of the car as I was going past. I stopped in the median and turned around. I made sure I got the plates of both cars just in case things went south. As the guy went back to his car he started cussing me out too haha

No one was hurt so I went on my way.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Lucky guys, over here a road rage will end up in a fight. Usually it's me beating someone's ass cause they wanted to do something illegal, got pissed that I didn't get out of their (illegal) way and wanted to pull me over and cuss me... poor bastards ahahaha...

You'd hate how people drive here.

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)
Would done the same thing!

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
I just saw on that guy's Youtube that the police caught the guy who ran. Good deal!

Also damn that video blew up like crazy he's over 1m!

Reactions: BlakShadow

Cndn Ray

Wannabie Member
Sep 18, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I ride a
2006 Kawaski Ninja ZX10R
Very cool, dude handled the situation perfectly! (Except for flying through all the pieces of debri laying on the road) Mad props to this guy!

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
What a Hero! :D Plus his bike went at warp speed, catching up with the car leaving the scene. What a great result.

You can run, but you certainly cant hide..................... from a Sports bike! :cool:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts