Hi guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheisse

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2012
I ride a
None :(
I don't have a bike, however I still wanted to join this forum. I hope it's not against the rules. Anyways, I'm a 16 year old guy. I am currently saving up for a car( as the weather isn't well enough to ride a motorbike all year) so I need a car. I really love watching motorbike VLogs. I really want a motorcycle but I can't get one for awhile :(

Sh1ftyClutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 27, 2012
Connecticut - new england
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX250-F
Welcome dude!

I feel you on saving up for a car, I wasn't able to get my first car until I was 23. Got my bike a few months before the car. My cousin gave me their old Honda Civic as a gift for free, In turn I was able to pay insurance full for a 6 month premium. My bike on the other hand the guy was moving to Texas an$1d wanted to get it sold a.s.a.p. and wanted $1,800 for the Kawasaki 250, Luckily my buddy was with me and talked him down to $1,250.

So Iv'e been pretty fortunte. :) I wish you luck with saving up for a car. Just remember, It dosen't need to be "New" As long as its in good running condition and it gets you from point a to point b don't listen to what people say about how it looks you will just be happy you have wheels.

A pointer for you when looking for a car, check those car magazines they usually have some good deals and ask friends or family to look out for you on a car and have someone that knows a little bit about the mechanics of a car to check it out for you, The worst thing is to get a car and then have to get it fixed unexpectedly.

As a tip for saving up, I set aside 15% of what i made at work and set it aside for a car. What ever you do, Don't touch it even if you have the urge for the newest and greatest video game and want to dip into it and put it back later Don't.

You can calculate this by: Your Earnings - 15% = on your calculator

Hope this helps and welcome to the fourms and good luck!!!!

Sh1ftyClutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 27, 2012
Connecticut - new england
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX250-F
Also wanted to add something but I totally forgot,

BEFORE you get a bike please take the Basic Rider Course. In the UK the name of the course is called CBT. Not sure what that stands for but thats what it is....

Usually its around 200 for the course and the course supplys their own bikes.

Requirements are:

1.) Ability to ride a pedel bike (without training wheels) LOL just kiddin

2.) Provide your own helmet, They provide one if you dont have one but not garenteed they have your size and you risk getting head lice. Needs to be full-face if you don't have eye protection.

3.) Long sleeved shirt or jacket, sweaters are fine.

4.) Jeans

5.) Boots

6.) full fingered gloves

7.) last but not least, come in a good state of mind. eat before the course. get plenty of sleep and bring a bagged lunch.

TheDiabeticBiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Ducati Monster 600
Sheisse said:
I don't have a bike, however I still wanted to join this forum. I hope it's not against the rules. Anyways, I'm a 16 year old guy. I am currently saving up for a car( as the weather isn't well enough to ride a motorbike all year) so I need a car. I really love watching motorbike VLogs. I really want a motorcycle but I can't get one for awhile :(

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry pal I don't have a bike either :( but love watching motovlogs. Helps to educate me on maintenance and riding tips. I started to do some vlogs from my car but it's not the same :(

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome to the Forums :D

Chanelinked

Wannabie Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hayward, CA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Yamaha R1
I agree with Sh1ftyClutch,

Take the MSF course. For two reasons (Given your current situation)
1- You'll learn how to ride a motorcycle (hopefully)
2- You don't need your own bike to take it.

Since you're saving for a car and are under the age of 21, you can give yourself a $150 birthday gift and go take the MSF course. The best part is,
if you get your M1 license, nothing stops you from asking friends to ride their bikes : P. (Just make sure its a bike you can handle I say).
Maybe one day we'll see you out there!

But with all that said, WELCOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO