Hi everyone and thanks for adding me!

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
G'day everyone!
Thanks for the add.
I am a newbie motovlogger but have been riding motorcycles since I was 16... my love for the two wheels is pretty much the same after 20 years for riding.
My channel's name is V - Ride and I started that in 2017. After a few videos, life became a lil hectic and I dropped the ball. Recently, I started posting videos again and now I have set up myself a challenge of thrift shopping and reselling on eBay to support my Youtube hobby. First thing I bought from the profits was a tascam dr-05 V2 voice recorder and a mic and next is my Go pro hero 7.
Oh!! and I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 cafe edition.

That's me guys!!
Thanks again and I look forward to sharing some great experience with you lot!! Cheers, Vinny

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hiya, welcome to the forum.
That is a great voice recorder, I use one of those to get in helmet audio and commentary on my trackday vids. Are you going to be using it instead of the GoPro mic adapter?
Bike sounds nice, I bet it looks good too, bung up a pic of it, we like pics! :D
Where abouts are you from? :)

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
that's my girl!!
I am from Melbourne, Australia. And yes, I will be using the mic adaptor once I get a go pro...
Like every other motovlogger, I was having too much trouble with audio and just decided to upgrade to a voice recorder for now.
IMG_20190701_205229_677.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Mic placement is massively important, as is the type of mic you use. The lav mics we tend to use are not designed to be recording voice from so close to our mouth so often will clip and distort. At least with the recorder you will be able to lower the gain on the recording, but the mic may often still be a problem as that is still being overpowered by the voice. It is a real balancing act between hiding wind noise and maintaining a nice engine note too. :)

Reactions: v ride and R-Rated

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
Welcome to the forum! Nice bike and good luck on your eBay adventures. It sure beats selling at motorcycle parts swap meets.
Ha ha ha! All the best to you too.
Have you tried selling parts on eBay. I know postage and handling can be a pain but usually people are willing to pay for it or pick up for free.
Just a thought!!

Reactions: R-Rated

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
Mic placement is massively important, as is the type of mic you use. The lav mics we tend to use are not designed to be recording voice from so close to our mouth so often will clip and distort. At least with the recorder you will be able to lower the gain on the recording, but the mic may often still be a problem as that is still being overpowered by the voice. It is a real balancing act between hiding wind noise and maintaining a nice engine note too. :)
What sort of mic does everyone else use? And what gain level do you set on tascam?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Ha ha ha! All the best to you too.
Have you tried selling parts on eBay. I know postage and handling can be a pain but usually people are willing to pay for it or pick up for free.
Just a thought!!
I used to sell but it has been a while. When I did, I shipped via UPS.

Reactions: v ride

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
What sort of mic does everyone else use? And what gain level do you set on tascam?
I use one of these currently with good results, but am looking into a different mic as an experiment.

In helmet microphone: https://amzn.to/2N5viC1

I set my Tascam to a gain of 4 on my last trackday for my in helmet mic, I think I may have had to up the volume of it in post, but can't remember.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Hey V ride. Welcome to the forum.

I actually use GoPro 4 with Sena backpack to get my audio on the bike. I do have a olympus recorder for off the bike things but have not used it much as of yet. First test on bike did not go so well, further testing needed.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Welcome to the forum bud. I've ridden a 2019 Vulcan S and I can honestly say it's a good choice

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650

I actually use GoPro 4 with Sena backpack to get my audio on the bike. I do have a olympus recorder for off the bike things but have not used it much as of yet. First test on bike did not go so well, further testing needed.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the advise, I am planning to buy a Sena soon. hopefully that will help.

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
Welcome to the forum bud. I've ridden a 2019 Vulcan S and I can honestly say it's a good choice
Thanks mate! I absolutely love the bike. The only drawback... comes only with rider seat! you gotta fork out a few hundreds to buy a rear seat and footpegs. other than that, I can not complain. Have had it since 2015.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Thanks mate! I absolutely love the bike. The only drawback... comes only with rider seat! you gotta fork out a few hundreds to buy a rear seat and footpegs. other than that, I can not complain. Have had it since 2015.

Must be a market thing and/or an edition thing. My mates came with the pilly seats and pegs.

v ride

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Vucan S 650
Must be a market thing and/or an edition thing. My mates came with the pilly seats and pegs.
Yeah! The Australian version is restricted too. So it has a throttle restriction and an ECU unit installed to control the power.
This bike was for the learner market and the rules here don't allow the riders to have pillion for first 3 years. So it kind of make sense to not have the seat at all ...but still... none of the other bikes (except some Harleys) come that way.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts