Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Development

Innovation
Mar 24, 2012
Mullens, WV
I ride a
No ride yet, still working on it!
I enjoy anything aviation and small electronics. I locally perform repairs on iPods and iPhones. I also have had my eye set on one day purchasing a KLR650. I like the looks, the diversity of applications, and the people in general that own that type of motorcycle.

Over the winter of 2011-2012 I have become increasingly interested in Motovlogging. I have watched many videos on the net with all sorts of camera set-ups and great stories being told. Most of them have the same thing in common, Poor recording audio, especially at speed. I spent the winter trying to come up with a device that helps solve this issue, and I believe I have a viable solution that people will want.

I am developing a product that works with the Contour Line of cameras. My product (functional prototype) is being tested with a Contour Roam camera. It does not require any camera; dis-assembly, soldering or modifications. Hence, NO warranty is voided. I have a video on YouTube, asking how you mount your camera and would use an external mic that worked with all the Contour Cameras. I am not asking for any personal information. I just want your opinion so we can make this product come to the market and work the way you want it too.

If you are interested, please participate @ http://youtu.be/rs1CMSI0c3s

DRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Workington, Cumbria, England
I ride a
Currently:

Honda CB500 Cup 1997
Suzuki GSX600F 2000
Honda CB650 Nighthawk SOHC 1982

Previously:

Yamaha Virago XV535 1989
Suzuki 125 VL Intruder V-Twin 2004
Welcome to Motovlog. I hope your product comes out OK, I think quite a few people here have some sort of Contour camera, so I'm sure you'll get some feedback. :) Can't wait to see how it all turns out. :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Hi!

I'd love to find out how you're planning on doing this, and I'd really like to get whatever it is you're making :D

I desperately need a way to record audio.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
I look forward to you developing a similar product for the GoPro range of cameras now that the GoPro2 has an external mic input. For that camera, I have a couple of requirements:

1. Must be 3.5mm jack input.
2. Must NOT be extended from the 3.5mm jack more than a few mm before the lead, since mounting on the side of a helmet can cause interference with the helmet/visor. (hard to explain, but when I plug in the mic I'm currently using, it extends so far out of the side of the camera that I can't stop it interfering with the visor when side mounted) - a right angle exit would be preferable to a straight angle.
3. Mic input should be covered, to reduce distortion.
4. Vibration/noise causes by stupidly loud exhausts (see my vlogs for an example), should NOT cause silly interference with the mic input!

Some of these may apply to your contour project, but since I don't have that camera, I can't comment :p

Project Development

Innovation
Mar 24, 2012
Mullens, WV
I ride a
No ride yet, still working on it!
The GoPro waterproof enclosures work awesome for what they where designed for; (keep the outside environment out). But that enclosure is a nightmare on the internal mic’s. Sound comes in, gets distorted, reverberates off this surfaces and that surface. The fact that it is not in the least aerodynamic in design only compounds the problem of wind buffeting noises. I have a design (on paper) that puts an external mic on all of the Hero cameras (except the HD960) that does not void the warranty. However, for the time being our focus at this time is on the Contour cameras.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome to the forums, best of luck with the project, I use the Drift HD170 which has this function built in. Sounds like a good idea, all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts