Status
Not open for further replies.

BravoCharlie

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2013
I ride a
'94 Kawasaki GPX600R
Hi there,

thought i'd pop on and introduce myself, i joined a week or so ago but got too busy to post!

I'm a 20 year old from Glasgow (not as bad as it's made out to be!) and passed my test in october. i started riding last february on a GZ125 before obtaining a Kawa GT550 for free, had it a month then bought a GPX600R.

i've been watching Vloggers for a while now and have noticed there are a few on here (Friz being one), and as the Girlfriend bought me a GPHero2 for Christmas, i've thought - why not?

unfortunately i've had my bike off the road due to my calipers needing a refurb, and as that's finished today, weather permitting, i'll probably be looking to go for my first vlog on monday.

the reason i say monday is, i'm also needing help on finding a suitable microphone for a Hero? i know i'll need to drill my casing etc. but have no idea which mic is useful.

thanks, and i hope to speak to you all and pick up tips and tricks! i'll also post a link when i'm all set up!

BC

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Hello!

BravoCharlie said:
I'm a 20 year old from Glasgow (not as bad as it's made out to be!)

I've been to Glasgow twice.
First time; I never got off the motorway through it because I was scared.
The next; extreme601 and I got lost in the centre and saw people doing all different kinds of drugs by the side of a main road.

I'm talking bongs and stuff, by the pavement.

But I have a friend who goes to the uni there and he says it's cool. He's still alive anyway! ;)

:lol:

BravoCharlie

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2013
I ride a
'94 Kawasaki GPX600R
Friz said:
Hello!

BravoCharlie said:
I'm a 20 year old from Glasgow (not as bad as it's made out to be!)

I've been to Glasgow twice.
First time; I never got off the motorway through it because I was scared.
The next; extreme601 and I got lost in the centre and saw people doing all different kinds of drugs by the side of a main road.

I'm talking bongs and stuff, by the pavement.

But I have a friend who goes to the uni there and he says it's cool. He's still alive anyway! ;)

:lol:

you must have been at the bad end of the centre, where all the bad men live! not a good place to get lost mate haha!

cheers for the welcomes all!

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
For what it's worth, I've also been to Glasgow twice, and loved every single second of both stays.

Such a great city Glasgow is.

Maybe that's because I love Scotland as a whole, from Durness to Glasgow and from Lossiemouth to Portree.

In my opinion, though, the real Scotland only starts from Inverness to the North. Then it gets interesting. Single lane, 60mph limited A&B roads with passing places, so much fun. Amazing scenery. Probably the most amazing place on earth. And the Applecross pass... oh my.

Oh well, I digress. Welcome to the forum man.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)

BravoCharlie

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2013
I ride a
'94 Kawasaki GPX600R
cheers guys!

Parisian, i love scotland too. unfortunately i've not been far north on the bike. the first week i had the GPX i took it out on a wet, windy day, headed for glencoe...of course, i crashed the thing :(

Weeemrcb, you a weedgie aswell? if so, where abouts are you in glasgow? dont suppose you're going to the yorkhill event?

and cheers everyone else for the welcomes!

BravoCharlie

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2013
I ride a
'94 Kawasaki GPX600R
weeemrcb said:
Born and raised, but moved down south back in '87
Never lost my accent tho ;)

you lucky bugger! haha!

i watched one of your videos after asking, discovered you were dan saaf! nonetheless, i dont know if theres many glaswegian vloggers out there around glasgow, so gives me a chance to glorify oor fair shi- city. oor fair city!

TheDiabeticBiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Ducati Monster 600
BravoCharlie said:
weeemrcb said:

you lucky bugger! haha!

i watched one of your videos after asking, discovered you were dan saaf! nonetheless, i dont know if theres many glaswegian vloggers out there around glasgow, so gives me a chance to glorify oor fair shi- city. oor fair city!

I can't wait to see your vids, for once I'll probably recognise a few places. I'm down in the Port. Maybe see you around if you come down that far.

BravoCharlie

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2013
I ride a
'94 Kawasaki GPX600R
AlfistiKid said:
BravoCharlie said:
weeemrcb said:

you lucky bugger! haha!

I can't wait to see your vids, for once I'll probably recognise a few places. I'm down in the Port. Maybe see you around if you come down that far.

i was aiming for tomorrow or monday, but unfortunately bleeding the brakes has been causing problems, so im not too sure when i'll get filming, no later than next weekend i'd imagine. still need to find a mic for the gopro if anyones got any ideas?

TheDiabeticBiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Ducati Monster 600
BravoCharlie said:
AlfistiKid said:
BravoCharlie said:
weeemrcb said:

you lucky bugger! haha!

i was aiming for tomorrow or monday, but unfortunately bleeding the brakes has been causing problems, so im not too sure when i'll get filming, no later than next weekend i'd imagine. still need to find a mic for the gopro if anyones got any ideas?

I bought mine from ebay for something like £2, it's just a lapel microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dillon159 Introduce Yourself! 2