Hello from CROATIA

The xt or the yzf from the post below what do you think?

• XT with loads of equipment but a bit slower

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • YZF only an HID kit but faster

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

napster107

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Croatia
I ride a
nothing... yet
I already have a post in the "how do I introduce myself" thread so here's a copy

I'm 16 years old and I've been a member of this forum for a while now but I haven't introduced myself yet.
I have yet to do the 125cc exam so I can start riding and become a full member of the motorcycling community :)
I've been learning english since I was around 4 or 5 years old and it's like my second native language so I won't have any problems understanding all of you.
I don't have a camera yet, but I plan to buy one soon, and it'll probably be a GoPro 2

I also already have a dillema for what bike to buy... I'm not sure should I go for a 2100 pound '07 125 Yamaha xt with loads of equipment (including stands and a topcase) at an expense of it being a bit slower, or a 2450 pound '10 125 Yamaha yzf with hid's and it being faster that the xt, what do you guys recommend?

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when/if I start to motovlog, I'll be the first one from Croatia, right? :D

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
I test rode a YZF, and they aren't as fast as everyone makes out. Top out at 72 mph, and I personally found it very hard to handle at low speeds. The XT is a great bike, a real all rounder, and i nearly bought one instead of the YBR I bought.

But, at the end of the day, its up to you, and I also think that I'll be the only person voting for the XT!

napster107

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Croatia
I ride a
nothing... yet
thank you, the xt maybe alse more practical because i have something like a weekend house in the woods, but what's the top speed of the xt?

LittleDevilBiker

Wannabie Member
Mar 28, 2012
Surrey, London
www.jaywbonney.com
I ride a
2012 Yamaha YZF-R125
I use a YZF Daily for a 50 mile commute, i usually get a good 76mph but i ran it in really well from new!

Its all personal preference, test drive some! I myself love the YZF it is a perfect all round bike for me! :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Up to you on personal choice to be honest.

Welcome :)

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi and welcome along! :)

It really makes no difference what 125 you get as they've all just been designed for old grannies to get their shopping on right? :lol:

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Obviously I was just kidding, 125's are fun bikes. The two you are looking at are quite different so I guess it depends whether you like the thought of an off road type bike or a sportsbike. I do like the look of the YZF125 one of my friends had one for a while and he loved it.

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
Welcome to the forum !

MrLJboy1

Wannabie Member
Feb 10, 2012
Aberdeen, Scotland
I ride a
Peugeot Speedfight 2 50cc
Honda xr125 L-3
Hiya there,

ive got an honda xr 125, which is quite similar to the xt. ive also ridden the yzf. Personally i would recommend the xt, because they can carry top boxes, side panniers etc. Also it is a nice, upright riding position. Plus you can do some offroading with the xt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dillon159 Introduce Yourself! 2