Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDsylexia

Wannabie Member
Nov 25, 2012
I ride a
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (DN-9)
- Name or handle
MrDsylexia (pronounced like Mr Dyslexia).

- Where you're from
I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I do not want to narrow it down further should I decide to ever do stunts or "slightly" exceed the speed limit in one of my videos...

- Abit about you. For example; what you do for a living, your interests etc.
This should sum it up (length warning):
http://youtu.be/ffNp7c5L5iM?hd=1

TL;DL (Didn't Listen) Version:
I am a student in post-secondary here in BC, I am currently in the Computer Information Systems Administration program. I work in I.T. and have done so for the last five and a half years. I work two jobs in I.T., one as sales/technician at a brick-and-mortar store and another as a field network consultant. I like long walks on the beach and working on my bike (only one of those is true).

- What bike you ride
I ride a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (DN-9) in red with black trim. So far I have removed the lower belly fairing to give it a more naked look. It has the LED cluster mod, front LED turn signals and road lamps on either side for increased visibility at night / day time for myself and other vehicles. Oh, it has a rag under the headlight too!

- Why you started v-logging
Many people inspired me; folks like Chaseontwowheels, Iamramekin, BaronVonGrumble, LaurieJennifer and many, many others.

So why do I do it? I do it for fun, because I have nothing better to do and because I tend to fidget and do stupid stuff even on short drives/rides. This is a way to keep myself somewhat occupied and to hopefully become a better public speaker as speaking to large groups of people be it in person or online is not something that I am good at... yet. I also want to show and have a record of my progression as a rider.

Also, it seems like I am one of the very few (I know of one other) vloggers in the Vancouver area.

- What camera setup you use
Currently I have used a Samsung Galaxy S3 to shoot 4 of my 5 videos and have toyed around with a HTC Sensation 4G as a helmet cam. I might put a video out of me being a baffoon on my bicycle in motorcycle gear with helmet cam footage.

- Links to blogs/website you may own
I'm too rich (in the complete opposite meaning of the word rich) to own a blog/website :|

and finally...

- A link to your YouTube channel!
Two quadruple-cheeseburgers, no onions, extra pickles and small fries coming up!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDsylexia/videos?flow=grid&view=1

Attachments

• 500R.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 167

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome to the forums :)

Stenno

Wannabie Member
Mar 6, 2012
Surbiton, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650/S
Nice bike, was almost my first bike myself after a friend of a friend had it as a project bike! So can we take turns guessing at narrowing down where you live? My money is on Richmond, I've got friends there!

Welcome btw :)

MrDsylexia

Wannabie Member
Nov 25, 2012
I ride a
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (DN-9)
Thanks for all the welcomes and compliments on the bike! I'm still learning things about it and finding bits and pieces that need purchasing (one kickstand bolt missing). Minor things, but its a process and I am sure as heck enjoying it a lot more than working on cars :lol:

Stenno said:
Nice bike, was almost my first bike myself after a friend of a friend had it as a project bike! So can we take turns guessing at narrowing down where you live? My money is on Richmond, I've got friends there!

Welcome btw :)

Not in Richmond, but I did speak to the third owner who is/was in the Delta area. According to him, I am the 5th owner now, expected for a "beginner bike".

I can hardly wait for spring to start riding and fall to get my next bike... have the color picked out and everything :lol:

Oh, and thanks to the folks who've subscribed to my channel, it's appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts