Graphics Design (FREE WORK CLOSED, CHEAP COMMISSIONS OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50
Re: Graphics Design (FREE WORK CLOSED, CHEAP COMMISSIONS OPE

gpzDave said:
I'm super pleased with the one you did for me, thank you very much Henry!!!! :)

Anytime! You know where I'll be! ;)

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust

Carkeh said:
Chessecake94 said:
The images that went into curly's, are they free stock images, or did you make them yourself??

Which one of Curly's? On the non-firey/smokey ones I used a stock image to do the pattern on the text, yes. But the rest of it I made a grungey background and used several varying brushes/effects.

There very good then, Im off to Sheffield to do an Mdes in Graphic Design in september, more interested in typography, editorial, and really minimalist stuff though.

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Chessecake94 said:
Carkeh said:
Chessecake94 said:
The images that went into curly's, are they free stock images, or did you make them yourself??

Which one of Curly's? On the non-firey/smokey ones I used a stock image to do the pattern on the text, yes. But the rest of it I made a grungey background and used several varying brushes/effects.

There very good then, Im off to Sheffield to do an Mdes in Graphic Design in september, more interested in typography, editorial, and really minimalist stuff though.

Ah a fellow GFX'er! I've not really specialized in anything myself, I just do a wide range of different things. I've been messing a bit more with typography on the last one for gpzDave. The typography itself has a crucial impact on any logo or graphics piece and I often find myself struggling to get the right effects, it really makes or breaks a lot of things!

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust

Carkeh said:
Chessecake94 said:

Ah a fellow GFX'er! I've not really specialized in anything myself, I just do a wide range of different things. I've been messing a bit more with typography on the last one for gpzDave. The typography itself has a crucial impact on any logo or graphics piece and I often find myself struggling to get the right effects, it really makes or breaks a lot of things!

Not so much fonts, like GPZDaves, but the way type interacts with each other through a design. Whats your Skype? Not that I'm on very often. Save us boring everyone if we start talking about kerning and leading.

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

To all those who I have promised request!

Sorry for taking some time to get around to doing any of it, I've finally got a job and so that took a day out of my week this week, along with exams and rides out I've hardly had time to do any. The time that I have had I've been prioritizing the paid commissions, naturally! (and there's been quite a few complex requests!)

I'm now off till the 11th June, work depending, so I should be able to crack some of these out!

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R

Congrats on the job!

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

kryten said:
Congrats on the job!

Thank you good sir! First time employment ;) It's nothing exciting or special, working in the Mc Donalds about 5 miles from my house, but I'll be bringing in about £400 a month which is enough to get my next bike, on finance at least ;) First time employment feels gooooodd!

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6

Carkeh said:
To all those who I have promised request!

Sorry for taking some time to get around to doing any of it, I've finally got a job and so that took a day out of my week this week, along with exams and rides out I've hardly had time to do any. The time that I have had I've been prioritizing the paid commissions, naturally! (and there's been quite a few complex requests!)

I'm now off till the 11th June, work depending, so I should be able to crack some of these out!

Bloody job, taking up your time and stuff :D

oh yes, congrats on the job!

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

JollyRoger said:
Bloody job, taking up your time and stuff :D

oh yes, congrats on the job!

Going to be completely honest, I never thought I would ever use the excuse 'I've been busy with work'. It makes me feel old.. I'm only 16!

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R

You're doing graphic designs for people and you got your first job at 16?! I thought you were older. Your parents should be proud! Sounds like you've got your priorities straight, especially for someone your age. You should have a very bright future if you keep it up.

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

kryten said:
You're doing graphic designs for people and you got your first job at 16?! I thought you were older. Your parents should be proud! Sounds like you've got your priorities straight, especially for someone your age. You should have a very bright future if you keep it up.

It's a new thing for me really, it's sprouted about since I started trying to maintain a bike. Something that's pretty darn difficult to do with zero income. However, my parents are the kind of people who have been like 'You have no hope in the future if you don't get a job now!' since I was about 11.

Also trying to work up money so I could get off my 50 the day I turn 17 (36 days, so an incredibly unlikely dream) however my parents have always been on the ideology that if I got a job they'd be more willing to give/lend me money.

I often surprise myself with my age, no doubt about that. I do all these things in my spare time and then sit back and think "Whoa, I am only 16 and I do all this". Just unfortunate my parents don't see me in the same light anyone else does, just goes to show how literal interest my parents take in my life.

Also I thank you for the great compliments, Kryten, much appreciated! I hope my future is very bright, and filled with very fast motorcycles ;)

Skinbeatersam

Wannabie Member
May 17, 2012
I ride a
Kawasaki ZZR600 that is probably the bluest bike you'll ever see . . . .

Well done man!! I would stay away from finance though . . . . Seriously, it is evil!! If you suffer a little bit first, your reward will feel better, plus it will all be yours!! Why buy something that costs £3,000 for £5,000??

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Skinbeatersam said:
Well done man!! I would stay away from finance though . . . . Seriously, it is evil!! If you suffer a little bit first, your reward will feel better, plus it will all be yours!! Why buy something that costs £3,000 for £5,000??

Ah I wouldn't actually be buying it on Finance, get my parents to buy it out right (I'm not old enough to do it on Finance) and pay them back monthly via direct debit!

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Proof that I HAVE been doing graphics design! Honest!

BUloh.jpg

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125

Well done getting a job! These are tough times to find employment so that's awesome :)

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Pretty much the finished article for Mototrippin's logo!

MkHGF.jpg

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Progress on Mototrippin's sticker

kJBsE.jpg

Carkeh

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2012
Chatham, Kent
I ride a
2012 Vespa LX50

Mototrippin sticker, continued! 2 versions this time!

Standard
jW9dS.jpg

Black & White
OekcB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts