Getting your intro professionally made?

WaltInPA

Wannabie Member
Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.waltinpa.com
I ride a
2018 Honda CB650F
I've gone through a bit of an evolution since starting my channel. My original intro was made up of about 4 panning shots of my bike, then you'd hear it start, then it would fade into the actual content. In all it was about 15 seconds long. At the time it seemed pretty cool and I was happy with it. Then I started watching a few of my own videos and caught myself skipping my own intro.

The Intro I use now is 5 seconds long and I fade it for 1 second over my actual content (so it works out to being on the screen for about 4 seconds).

I also use "Community Intros" where I have other Motovloggers introduce my channel. Most of them are pretty short but in the grand scheme of things they are probably a little long for what I'm trying to do with them. I'm sure people are skipping ahead.

I almost clicked post and totally forgot to answer the question....

I made my own intro in both cases. My Outro, on the other hand, I did purchase on Fiverr. I'm still struggling with Fusion in Davinci Resolve and I wasn't happy with what I came up with on my own. Rather than use a free End Screen template I decided to have something made that was closer aligned with my channel.

Fiverr can be hit or miss - I've had a couple of good experiences and a couple of really bad experiences.

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I also use "Community Intros" where I have other Motovloggers introduce my channel. Most of them are pretty short but in the grand scheme of things they are probably a little long for what I'm trying to do with them. I'm sure people are skipping ahead.
I really like your community intros! I also like the montage one you had on your latest video.

My intro is 9seconds total, and I usually start the content with 1sec overlap and crossfade with the logo. It may be a little on the long side. Generally my stats show that those 8-9 seconds aren't where I lose people. I lose people in the first 10-20 seconds which is usually well I am doing some talking or other intro to start of before I run my intro. I think people who are going to watch more that 20 seconds of a motovlog even if there is a intro will still watch, people who aren't going to watch a motovlog will click off in the first few seconds, intro or not.

Drakhen99

L Plate Member
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Walt, I've done the same - evolution! I started with a 15s intro, morphed to a 10s one, clipped that down to 6, and now if I have blank space for 4s or so, I just do the text overlay and done. I come up with different video transitions in DR to use to fade into the content.

I've seen a distinct Dip in YT-speak on my intro in a few of my shorter videos... less so in the longer ones.

-John

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I’ve used templates where you import stills or video footage and add your own text. I’m not sure if that’s the same as having a professionally made intro or not but it saved a lot of time on my part. I’m probably due for a new intro, but if shot it, it’ll probably be too long, so I’d have to find another template that I like.

- Wolf

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I’ve used templates where you import stills or video footage and add your own text. I’m not sure if that’s the same as having a professionally made intro or not but it saved a lot of time on my part.
Yup. That is how mine started off, it was a photo-slide show template, and I went it and did a whole bunch of work on the speed of things, to go from a slide-show to the flip-book look mine has. Even though I spent a lot of time re-timing and customizing it, if I had started from scratch, I probably wouldn't have had the skills to make mine, and it would have taken even more hours than it did.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I made my own intro in both cases. My Outro, on the other hand, I did purchase on Fiverr. I'm still struggling with Fusion in Davinci Resolve and I wasn't happy with what I came up with on my own. Rather than use a free End Screen template I decided to have something made that was closer aligned with my channel.
Your new outro is pretty rad Walt. It made me spend a rainy evening last week trying to make my own fancy outro but so far I haven't been able to make anything I want others to see! :p

I won't pay for any intros or outros though. I know its worth the money but I'm running my channel on a budget of zilch just for the challenge of it, I want to do it all myself and learn along the way. Probably means I'll never make a better intro or outro than I have now but I do like trying to do it myself.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I'd be put off by any intro that long, was about 30seconds... if it was like that every vid, I'd either be skipping it or unsubbing.
You could try "Fiverr" a lot of folk use that service to get people to make logos and intros etc.
I'd def look at keeping it below 15seconds, and preferably around the 10 second mark.
Oh whoa..30 seconds? I'd say 5 seconds tops for an intro. Something fast, fun and interesting would be nice. Don't want to spend too much time on the intro though. My Passing Traffic Tuesday intro keeps getting shorter and shorter mostly just by me making the title credits not last as long. I have overlaid vlog audio and a little music in the beginning to try and keep engagement going.

diega666

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2021
I ride a
BMW F650GS '06
Fade, My name, two or three words of what I'm going to talk about, fade, even a shorter not fancy title, fade, video. That's my formula. I'm too poor for bollywood intros or outros!

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts