Funny First Vlog Attempt

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Let me know what you think, just trying to get some perspective on my first vlog. I have a few others but they are just riding footage. not vlogs

Reactions: Carmo and Seven5O

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Nah, that place isn't creepy ... nope. Not at all.

The story behind it is: is in the 1800s a worker was killed inside the tunnel by a train that came through. The worker was unable to reach his hideaway in Time and was consequently killed.

It is pretty creepy in person. I tried to do it justice in the video. Thanks for watching!

Carmo

Wannabie Member
Nov 28, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide
That tunnel is sketchy as fuck and damn that but hit haha! Not a bad first vlog; I did have a bit of trouble hearing your voice over your exhaust sound but that's usually a simple case of moving the mic around. It's good to see another cruiser rider out there as well

Reactions: VengefulV

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Oh man i can only imagine it at nighhhtttt....:eek:
yea I thought about going at night but figured it would be too dark to see anything at all. So for quality purposes I decided day was better, maybe I'll try a night walk through at some point

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
That tunnel is sketchy as fuck and damn that but hit haha! Not a bad first vlog; I did have a bit of trouble hearing your voice over your exhaust sound but that's usually a simple case of moving the mic around. It's good to see another cruiser rider out there as well
Yea it has been a struggle for me to get a good balance between bike/ wind/and my voice. but I have a new mic and trying to block out some of the excess noise.

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
Your engine is louder than your speech, you should look into sorting that.

Kilo Delta

Wannabie Member
Apr 23, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
I ride a
Suzuki Gladius; Honda Grom
One tip that I heard and agree with is to have something within every moment. As much fun as riding along is, it doesn't translate well to video. So, a bit more editing to reduce the breaks in speaking and interesting stuff will keep the attention of the viewer.

"Now your kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogleberg, your Zima, hula hoops and pac-man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds!"

Psa2wkU.gif

Reactions: Tash

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
One tip that I heard and agree with is to have something within every moment. As much fun as riding along is, it doesn't translate well to video. So, a bit more editing to reduce the breaks in speaking and interesting stuff will keep the attention of the viewer.

"Now your kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogleberg, your Zima, hula hoops and pac-man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds!"

Psa2wkU.gif
amen to that.

Short and sweet is the way to go.
I dont remember the last time I sat through a full 10min video.
1-3 mins would be best, but the shorter you want to keep it, the more difficult it is to keep it entertaining.

ADVBandit

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2016
Orange County, CA, USA
www.advbandit.com
I ride a
2014 Honda CB500x, 2002 KLR 650 Sidecar
VengefulV Thanks for the sub and replying. I'm assuming per your avatar, your riding with a full face. Do you mind posting what you're using to capture everything with?

Also, since I'm a noob as well, I felt awkward speaking loud or loud enough. I guess in time we won't care so much. Keep it up bud. I'm looking forward to seeing more videos.

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
VengefulV Thanks for the sub and replying. I'm assuming per your avatar, your riding with a full face. Do you mind posting what you're using to capture everything with?

Also, since I'm a noob as well, I felt awkward speaking loud or loud enough. I guess in time we won't care so much. Keep it up bud. I'm looking forward to seeing more videos.

It is a full face modular helmet, the best setup I've found so far is having my mic (iPhone headset) tucked under my cheek pad and a layer of duct tape over to hold it in place.

I have attempted to talk louder which helps to a point, but it also distorts the sound of my voice and at times makes me incoherent.
I have purchased a better mic but it picks up way too much sound and everything just muddles together despite burying it even in the top part of my helmet.

Anybody know of some inexpensive noise cancelling microphones?

ADVBandit

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2016
Orange County, CA, USA
www.advbandit.com
I ride a
2014 Honda CB500x, 2002 KLR 650 Sidecar
It is a full face modular helmet, the best setup I've found so far is having my mic (iPhone headset) tucked under my cheek pad and a layer of duct tape over to hold it in place.

I have attempted to talk louder which helps to a point, but it also distorts the sound of my voice and at times makes me incoherent.
I have purchased a better mic but it picks up way too much sound and everything just muddles together despite burying it even in the top part of my helmet.

Anybody know of some inexpensive noise cancelling microphones?

Maybe making a better windscreen for the mic? There's a bunch of tutorials on using "dead cat" or furry fabric which will eliminate a lot of the wind. You should look into that.

Reactions: VengefulV

VengefulV

Wannabie Member
Apr 25, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Maybe making a better windscreen for the mic? There's a bunch of tutorials on using "dead cat" or furry fabric which will eliminate a lot of the wind. You should look into that.
Thanks! I'll look into that!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drakhen99 Members Vlogs 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts