Extended Battery Life - Go Pro Hero 6

NW1441

Wannabie Member
Sep 15, 2019
Marysville,WA
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
What are we doing these days for extended battery power on go pro hero 6/7 while motovlogging? Do I have to tape a power bank on my helmet or can I tuck it in my jacket?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I had no luck running a powerbank with my 6 or 7, they kept resetting, but that was possibly my set up at fault as I know others do run powerbanks to them. I run a Hero 5 Session with a powerbank though, and I velcro it to the back of my helmet. You could put it in a pocket, but then you'd be attached to your mic adaptor and movement could cause issues when you turn your head etc

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I've got a powerbank stuck to the back of my helmet plugged into a Hero7. If I just unplug and replug the GoPro each time I turn it on to record, then I don't have any problems. I still will occasionally look at it in my mirror to make sure it's still charging. I have my battery sitting in a housing that I glued to my helmet, but if I were to do it again I would just use velcro to directly attach the battery to the helmet.

Edit: I don't use the GoPro mic adapter though, so it's possible that's why I don't have problems. I know there are people using a powerbank with the mic adapter though.

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Im running a powerbank in my jacket, I've routed the cable very nicely so that I can move my head easily but the cable is still tight. Its a bit of a mission to get right, but doesnt move while riding.

I had never heard of sticking a powerbank to your helmet :D

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts