Editing on your phone

Christafur

Wannabie Member
Jul 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
I ride a
2016 Ducati Scrambler
Hello all. I’m new to making motovlogs and don’t yet have a laptop to do any major editing. So far all of my videos have been done through my iPhone. I’m curious if anyone else is doing this, or having any success with it.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
not sure he has posted a link on here to his channel yet. I'll pm you a link to it. If you check his content out, do tell him I sent you in the comments! :D

Reactions: Christafur

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
What apps are you guys using?

I have used Go Pros quick for insta vids etc but find it pretty basic for our needs.

I edit all my thumbnails using my phone though :D

Adam_wmv

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2018
I ride a
Sinnis soon to be Bandit
I’ve only used iMovie so far for editing. I need to explore other options though...
@HippoDrone thanks for the link, I’ll let @Adam_wmv know you referred me!

Thanks hippodrones. Put the kettle on, this is going to be a long one. I use iMovie to edit, use a app called Documents, go into the browser & search for savefromnet. Copy & paste a video link from YouTube, put it in savefromnet & download. That will be saved in the Documents app, click the video & open it with iMovie, save it to your phone then you can use it in your video. You can use just the audio or the video.

Chromic is good to give your videos more colour.

Audio fix for audio (it’s ok)

Typorama for thumbnails, just crop the apps watermark out.

Thanks

ulijonroth

Roads Await Me
Apr 2, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
www.yollarbenibekler.com
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
Some additions for Android...

VidMate - For downloading the videos
InShot - Great app for basic editing, also supports Instagram type videos.
PowerDirector - Moderate editing app
Video2Me - For making animations from images as videos, and much more.
and some suggestions go on as Video Speed, Videoshop and maybe FlipaClip to draw gif animations on screen on an image.

Reactions: HippoDrone

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
I haven't had much experience editing on my phone for serious videos because I'm spoiled by Sony Vegas lol. There are a lot of new apps coming out that have huge capabilities for editing though, but I've not experimented with them.

Reactions: chaosnaut

chaosnaut

one who travels through utter confusion
Mar 26, 2015
India
I ride a
Yamaha Crux 2012
I haven't had much experience editing on my phone for serious videos because I'm spoiled by Sony Vegas lol. There are a lot of new apps coming out that have huge capabilities for editing though, but I've not experimented with them.
I edit exclusively on my mobile.

I make my videos on a BlackBerry KeyOne using PowerDirector.

Transfer videos from cameras via WiFi to the SD card. Edit, create thumbnails, upload and manage the YouTube channel from the mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adam_wmv

Adam_wmv

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2018
I ride a
Sinnis soon to be Bandit
I edit exclusively on my mobile.

I make my videos on a BlackBerry KeyOne using PowerDirector.

Transfer videos from cameras via WiFi to the SD card. Edit, create thumbnails, upload and manage the YouTube channel from the mobile.
I’ve made over 60 videos using my iPhone but I’m moving onto power director from Friday.

Reactions: HippoDrone

chaosnaut

one who travels through utter confusion
Mar 26, 2015
India
I ride a
Yamaha Crux 2012
I’ve made over 60 videos using my iPhone but I’m moving onto power director from Friday.
I used to edit on the computer, but moved to the phone and accepted the limitations of the medium. It is sometimes a struggle.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I did my last vlog on my iPhone using iMovie. I used only footage that I shot right there on the phone as I'm trying out a new format of In The Moment vids. Shot that whole thing and edited it right there sitting next to my bike in 20 minutesI had my logos and music on the hpone too so I could still have my usual intro and outro. Still trying to come up with a title for those, but I want to get some work out there that has a bit more of an imediacy and just simply getting more content out there. I'm still working on videos that require more production but because of work and life and riding I have so little time to sit down even for an hour a week to edit at a computer. So the phone gives me a quick, simple route to keep putting out content.

Reactions: chaosnaut

Christafur

Wannabie Member
Jul 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
I ride a
2016 Ducati Scrambler
I really enjoyed editing through iMovie. Was fairly fast to do plus you can make nice videos. I just recently got a laptop and switched to editing on that. I’ve got a looong way to go but it’s fun to learn the new editing process.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts