Drone usage.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Got my Mini 2 and flew a bit with it today, these things are dang fun! It won't be very useful for motovlogging but I already have a few ideas how to use it for some artistic B-roll footage. It packs into an incredibly small carry case so it's gonna be easy to bring along on the Wing.

However, I think I'm going to love drone exploring! One of my favorite things to do on a bike is explore new roads, I can see myself exploring places from the sky with this drone big time. It's fantastic for aerial photography and still shots.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Mate it could be the size of a small car and still fit on the Wing... :D

I have to get my Mavic Pro fixed - for some raason it isn't getting more than 5 minutes fly time from ANY fully charged battery /

I'm not saying that I crashed it at any point, of course...

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
Mate it could be the size of a small car and still fit on the Wing... :D

I have to get my Mavic Pro fixed - for some raason it isn't getting more than 5 minutes fly time from ANY fully charged battery /

I'm not saying that I crashed it at any point, of course...
Do your batteries need a firmware update? I had a coworker of mine say that his needed one.

Reactions: LandyVlad

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
A firmware update for batteries? Really? Is this the kind of world we want to live in? :oops:

Afraid so, everything needs a firmware update now. Computers, phones, cameras, cars, fridges, hifi, toothbrushes, vibrators, you name it, it'll have some firmware. A mate of mine even has some posh Dainese D-Air jacket that needs regular firmware updates. Yes, a frickin' jacket!

Reactions: Drakhen99

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Afraid so, everything needs a firmware update now. Computers, phones, cameras, cars, fridges, hifi, toothbrushes, vibrators, you name it, it'll have some firmware. A mate of mine even has some posh Dainese D-Air jacket that needs regular firmware updates. Yes, a frickin' jacket!
Even my current crash helmet had to have it's firmware updated when I got it! :D

Reactions: YBGuy

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
I bet you could get some great intro/b-roll shots with that drone.

The 4K video quality is impressive on this thing! I'm already planning a trip to a local park this week to shoot some footage so I can edit a drone video together for the fun of it.

Tonight I'm going over my spreadsheet of motovlogs I have planned this year and actively choosing which ones I want some drone footage for. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this drone. :cool:

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
The 4K video quality is impressive on this thing! I'm already planning a trip to a local park this week to shoot some footage so I can edit a drone video together for the fun of it.

Tonight I'm going over my spreadsheet of motovlogs I have planned this year and actively choosing which ones I want some drone footage for. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this drone. :cool:
Sounds awesome, looking forward to it.

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
The nice thing about the mini, is you can easily toss it in a tank bag, and bring it along. If you find a spot to fly, great, if not, it isn't a big deal that you have to plan how to pack it.

I've already used my mini on 3 vlogs I have recorded, because it is easy to bring along.

Reactions: Drakhen99 and YBGuy

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400

Even my current crash helmet had to have it's firmware updated when I got it! :D

I know some of that is in jest but - a jacket? A helmet? WHY?

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Go for it! I've thought about drones many times in conjunction with my YT channel, but unless the channel gets monetized or I win the lottery, spending more money for something I'd probably only get to use a handful of times is just not in the cards for me.

Interestingly enough, my mom's neighbor owns a drone photography/videography company, so I've thought about reaching out to them to shoot some drone footage for me... I doubt I'll get around to it though. The logistics of my filming are difficult enough without having to involve people outside my family.

If you get one though, we should do a dual vlog ;) I don't think we're but 2 or 3 hours away from each other.

-John

THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT!!!! DO NOT LISTEN TO A THING THIS MORON SAYS!

Ok, now that I've got your attention... I bought a drone, as I mentioned in another thread - a DJI Spark [used]. OMG this thing is hilariously fun to fly around, even in your own neighborhood!

Now to figure out where I can fly it [it does have a database of no-fly zones in it] without causing a ruckus, and add that b roll in for destination rides.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Ok, now that I've got your attention... I bought a drone

Congrats! I've been having tons of fun with mine, but I haven't used it at all yet in conjunction with motovlogging. I've been practicing aerial photography and video making and I'm having so much fun with my drone. Sometime soon I'll put the drone in the tourpak and use it in a motovlog finally.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Congrats! I've been having tons of fun with mine, but I haven't used it at all yet in conjunction with motovlogging. I've been practicing aerial photography and video making and I'm having so much fun with my drone. Sometime soon I'll put the drone in the tourpak and use it in a motovlog finally.

Yeah, so far I'm just getting used to it, but I already have some good ideas for use with the bikes... one of which I'll share:

If you're going to do a 360-degree pan around your bike, you can use the drone to circle the bike, and this keeps it level [versus walking - which adds a bobbing motion - or buying a gimbal for your camera].

Also, you can use it for following you on your bike for short distances, on a deserted road or something.

-John

Reactions: HRMV

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts