Drone usage.

TMackie

Northern Moto Cruiser
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball
I have 2 drones in my camera arsenal , but I rarely use them. Anyone else feel like they are disrupting people when they go to fly their drone?

Reactions: R-Rated

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Drone use is a long game plan, and not always something one can use spontaneously. A site may need to be scouted. out and then research done to see if drones are allowed in the area, and under what conditions. After that revisit the site to capture the footage needed.

-Wolf

Dewey316

Wannabie Member
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I'm scared to use it around people and draw attention as well. I do a lot of riding the places with no people around though, so those are good places to put the drone up.

Reactions: HRMV and TMackie

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I went to use mine for the first time in maybe 12 months the other day.

Batteries were flat so charged them, then it wanted to do a firmware update, then it get getting gimbal overload when turned on. By the time I managed to get it in the air I had lost enough light that I couldn't see a thing.

You really have to plan your usage out with these things, and thats not really how I vlog anymore.

Reactions: HRMV and LandyVlad

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Drone use is a long game plan, and not always something one can use spontaneously. A site may need to be scouted. out and then research done to see if drones are allowed in the area, and under what conditions. After that revisit the site to capture the footage needed.

-Wolf
You are so right. Nothing like finding a magical section of road and looking up to see the view from above is obscured by trees.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I think the thought of a drone and the amazing shots you can get are what attract the majority of us, however the reality of using them is different.

If you ride by yourself and only in your local area then yeah you could get some good stuff. However as you say if your the only vlogger in the group, it can be a bit of a pain setting up, getting folk in position etc.

I've toyed with the idea many a time however always thought as @HippoDrone has stated that it will become an expensive ornament.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts