Drone usage.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Got my Mini 2 and flew a bit with it today, these things are dang fun! It won't be very useful for motovlogging but I already have a few ideas how to use it for some artistic B-roll footage. It packs into an incredibly small carry case so it's gonna be easy to bring along on the Wing.

However, I think I'm going to love drone exploring! One of my favorite things to do on a bike is explore new roads, I can see myself exploring places from the sky with this drone big time. It's fantastic for aerial photography and still shots.

LandyVlad

Modest Genius !
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Mate it could be the size of a small car and still fit on the Wing... :D

I have to get my Mavic Pro fixed - for some raason it isn't getting more than 5 minutes fly time from ANY fully charged battery /

I'm not saying that I crashed it at any point, of course...

TMackie

Northern Moto Cruiser
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball
Mate it could be the size of a small car and still fit on the Wing... :D

I have to get my Mavic Pro fixed - for some raason it isn't getting more than 5 minutes fly time from ANY fully charged battery /

I'm not saying that I crashed it at any point, of course...
Do your batteries need a firmware update? I had a coworker of mine say that his needed one.

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
A firmware update for batteries? Really? Is this the kind of world we want to live in? :oops:
Afraid so, everything needs a firmware update now. Computers, phones, cameras, cars, fridges, hifi, toothbrushes, vibrators, you name it, it'll have some firmware. A mate of mine even has some posh Dainese D-Air jacket that needs regular firmware updates. Yes, a frickin' jacket!

Reactions: Drakhen99

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Afraid so, everything needs a firmware update now. Computers, phones, cameras, cars, fridges, hifi, toothbrushes, vibrators, you name it, it'll have some firmware. A mate of mine even has some posh Dainese D-Air jacket that needs regular firmware updates. Yes, a frickin' jacket!
Even my current crash helmet had to have it's firmware updated when I got it! :D

Reactions: YBGuy

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I bet you could get some great intro/b-roll shots with that drone.
The 4K video quality is impressive on this thing! I'm already planning a trip to a local park this week to shoot some footage so I can edit a drone video together for the fun of it.

Tonight I'm going over my spreadsheet of motovlogs I have planned this year and actively choosing which ones I want some drone footage for. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this drone. :cool:

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
The 4K video quality is impressive on this thing! I'm already planning a trip to a local park this week to shoot some footage so I can edit a drone video together for the fun of it.

Tonight I'm going over my spreadsheet of motovlogs I have planned this year and actively choosing which ones I want some drone footage for. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this drone. :cool:
Sounds awesome, looking forward to it.

Dewey316

Wannabie Member
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
The nice thing about the mini, is you can easily toss it in a tank bag, and bring it along. If you find a spot to fly, great, if not, it isn't a big deal that you have to plan how to pack it.

I've already used my mini on 3 vlogs I have recorded, because it is easy to bring along.

Reactions: Drakhen99 and YBGuy

LandyVlad

Modest Genius !
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Even my current crash helmet had to have it's firmware updated when I got it! :D
I know some of that is in jest but - a jacket? A helmet? WHY?

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts