Drone usage.

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
I have 2 drones in my camera arsenal , but I rarely use them. Anyone else feel like they are disrupting people when they go to fly their drone?

Reactions: R-Rated

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
I got rid of my drone as I never used it, the places I wanted to, I wasn't allowed, so was an expensive ornament sadly.
I find that being one issue as well as I feel that I am inconveniencing the group if I take time to set it up to get a shot

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Drone use is a long game plan, and not always something one can use spontaneously. A site may need to be scouted. out and then research done to see if drones are allowed in the area, and under what conditions. After that revisit the site to capture the footage needed.

-Wolf

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I'm scared to use it around people and draw attention as well. I do a lot of riding the places with no people around though, so those are good places to put the drone up.

Reactions: HRMV and TMackie

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I went to use mine for the first time in maybe 12 months the other day.

Batteries were flat so charged them, then it wanted to do a firmware update, then it get getting gimbal overload when turned on. By the time I managed to get it in the air I had lost enough light that I couldn't see a thing.

You really have to plan your usage out with these things, and thats not really how I vlog anymore.

Reactions: HRMV and LandyVlad

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Drone use is a long game plan, and not always something one can use spontaneously. A site may need to be scouted. out and then research done to see if drones are allowed in the area, and under what conditions. After that revisit the site to capture the footage needed.

-Wolf

You are so right. Nothing like finding a magical section of road and looking up to see the view from above is obscured by trees.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I think the thought of a drone and the amazing shots you can get are what attract the majority of us, however the reality of using them is different.

If you ride by yourself and only in your local area then yeah you could get some good stuff. However as you say if your the only vlogger in the group, it can be a bit of a pain setting up, getting folk in position etc.

I've toyed with the idea many a time however always thought as @HippoDrone has stated that it will become an expensive ornament.

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
I recently picked up a drone and have really enjoyed the shots I can get with it. That being said I don’t plan to take it on large group trips because it’s just a time suck that I don’t want to push on people. I will just use it for solo trips or trips with my brother as I know he won’t care.

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
I have a plan to use a pair of DJI Inpire drones(with pilots) to do some chase footage on a closed road - pans are going well and looks like it will happen in the spring on a road in the mountains .

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I plan to buy a Mavic Mini 2 next year. I'll use it some with my Moto Mengy channel but honestly I just want it for the fun of it. I've always loved photography and now I'm really enjoying video editing, so aerial filming is VERY appealing to me.

I might start a drone only channel just for kicks, I mean heck it's free so why not?

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Go for it! I've thought about drones many times in conjunction with my YT channel, but unless the channel gets monetized or I win the lottery, spending more money for something I'd probably only get to use a handful of times is just not in the cards for me.

Interestingly enough, my mom's neighbor owns a drone photography/videography company, so I've thought about reaching out to them to shoot some drone footage for me... I doubt I'll get around to it though. The logistics of my filming are difficult enough without having to involve people outside my family.

If you get one though, we should do a dual vlog ;) I don't think we're but 2 or 3 hours away from each other.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Well I ordered my Mavic Mini 2 a few days ago and its supposed to be delivered today. If it's too cold to ride motorcycle then I'm going to fly my camera around the skies! :D

I need to learn how to fly a drone first though....

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I'm waiting for them to add object avoidance to the mavic mini. For myself right now I can't justify spending this much money for something I'll probably only use a few times a year. I can see using it to check on the condition of the property and roof more than during a ride.

There's no way I'd interrupt a group ride with it, no chance I can use it to document a ride in the city. If I thought I'd be able to use it all the time I'd already have bought one. When I eventually do, I'll have to make a point to use it as much as I can.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'm waiting for them to add object avoidance to the mavic mini. For myself right now I can't justify spending this much money for something I'll probably only use a few times a year. I can see using it to check on the condition of the property and roof more than during a ride.

There's no way I'd interrupt a group ride with it, no chance I can use it to document a ride in the city. If I thought I'd be able to use it all the time I'd already have bought one. When I eventually do, I'll have to make a point to use it as much as I can.

SAME. The cost is the #1 reason I haven't bought one yet... there's no ROI in it for me at this point. I don't typically go on group rides, so that's not a concern, but my time on the bike is limited as it is due to family obligations and work, so the setup/breakdown of a drone, as well as stopping to use it... well, I just can't see a lot of opportunities there.

-John

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a

One of the very first things I did with my Mavic mini was to check my shingles, ha ha. Turned out to be a good thing as I found a few had been blown off.

Reactions: Drakhen99 and GIZZ

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts