Drift 4k: My experiences

Quokka

Quokka news
Nov 27, 2019
Perth
I ride a
Vstrom 650 xt
Any external mic will. It's the same as my S and I'm pretty certain the rest of the cameras on the market
I just bought the ghost 4K and I’m having major , unable to charge issues, plus I can’t get any audio to record when using an external mic
Any tips guys? drift support sent me some tips and it appears the charging may be sorted, not a solution for the external mic to date

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am not a Drift user, but are you using the correct type of mic? there are a few types:

ts trs trrs.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ok thank you , interesting im not sure that it mentions which type to use in the manual . I’m trying with a TRRS, I’ll investigate
It looks like (but I am not saying it is this as I have not got one) that Drift use a TS 3.5mm jack. Am not sure how this would affect stereo though?

ts.jpeg

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I just bought the ghost 4K and I’m having major , unable to charge issues, plus I can’t get any audio to record when using an external mic
Any tips guys? drift support sent me some tips and it appears the charging may be sorted, not a solution for the external mic to date

Do let us know if you found the problem or a solution. ;)

Might be considering buying a new Drift myself.

Reactions: Riderguide

Quokka

Quokka news
Nov 27, 2019
Perth
I ride a
Vstrom 650 xt

Righto boys we’re onto something here, off to the shops (any excuse) this morning Perth time, apparently the battery in the ghost 4K requires a 2amp/12W output charger, chargers that Apple include are 1.5A at best , some aftermarket ones are only 1A. Tip with contacting Drift innovations is to create a new ticket every time. My experience is that they will make an initial reply but don’t expect the drift individual to reply back on the same thread

Quokka

Quokka news
Nov 27, 2019
Perth
I ride a
Vstrom 650 xt
Righto boys we’re onto something here, off to the shops (any excuse) this morning Perth time, apparently the battery in the ghost 4K requires a 2amp/12W output charger, chargers that Apple include are 1.5A at best , some aftermarket ones are only 1A. Tip with contacting Drift innovations is to create a new ticket every time. My experience is that they will make an initial reply but don’t expect the drift individual to reply back on the same thread
Bought this little fella , tested it in the shop and all good and a 2.1A charger
F63D3EC8-92CB-47E4-B058-2C1DCB0FCAEF.jpeg

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7

I've got an XL which after a couple of minor issues, I'm finding it is pretty good. I'm gonna get another, so I've got front and rear XL's for every day use. I use my Sony FDRX too for the awesome stability features but the audio isn't as easy set up as the Drifts. I just needed a firmware update on my XL which was simple enough to sort out. The footage is great, it's waterproof, has a decent mic input and the whole package is robust, easy enough to fit, simple operation and it flashes a bright LED for recording that you can even see in the day to let you know it's working when you look in your mirrors! Nine hours battery and a 128GB card it outlasts my arse in the seat every time.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
I use the same TRS to TRRS adaptor for my wired GoPro set up so if needed you should be able to use with other cameras as well. Glad you got your issue sorted!

Quokka

Quokka news
Nov 27, 2019
Perth
I ride a
Vstrom 650 xt
The drift ghost charging issues could not be fixed after all. I tried all the work arounds provided by the manufacturer which BTW are not mentioned in the manual. I sent it back to the eBay seller in HK as he reckoned he could fix it , nah he couldn’t. Just got my refund from eBay, I for one will not be touching a drift 4K again

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts