Does anyone else have comments that disappear?

819s

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2021
Kanagawa, Japan
www.team819s.com
I ride a
Honda CRF250L
Recently, viewers post some really insightful, useful comments to my channel. Later that night, I try to respond to them and the comments are gone. I can't find them in the dashboard. I do see them in the notifications. When I click on the comment in the notification, it takes me to the comment section and the comment I am looking for is gone.

I did not delete it. It's not "marked for review". I still have the email from YouTube with the full message. I reached out to the person that posted it and they said they did not delete it.

It's super frustrating. Is anyone else having the same problem? Am I "shadow banned"?
Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
This has happened a lot, and more widespread recently too. I think there are several threads on this in recent times on here already! :)

819s

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2021
Kanagawa, Japan
www.team819s.com
I ride a
Honda CRF250L
This has happened a lot, and more widespread recently too. I think there are several threads on this in recent times on here already! :)
I don't know if it is something I did or not. I can't imagine that it is.
Do you know if there is anything that can be done to resolve it?
I send some feedback to from the dashboard but I am not sure if that will really do anything.

Thank you!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
YouTube don't seem to care, I put in a ticket too a while back and was told it is what it is basically and to just deal with it.

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I've had a few disappear from videos.
Sometimes it's the spam ones that link to something off-site. I don't mind those going away. But there have been times on both of my channels that comments have been lost before I could reply to them.
Even when going to the notification list on Youtube it sometimes still shows the comment, but when I try to reply it's like it doesn't exist.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
YouTube constantly trains a Natural Language Processing (NLP) deep learning model to filter out messages. If you or somebody's message contain certain words or some certain “pattern” that are recognized as negative, harmful or redundant, the messages won’t stay. This could happen when people post lots of comments in quick succession. Sometimes the person might just be on a role and wants to leave comments on everything they watch but the YT AI bots are picking these things up and removing them.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Not only do comments dissapear, but also weird notifications come. Something that I have not subscribed to and stuff like that.
Not long ago, I received 3-4 notifications of other people commenting a video I had commented. They were not even replies to my comment or owt.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Not only do comments dissapear, but also weird notifications come. Something that I have not subscribed to and stuff like that.
Not long ago, I received 3-4 notifications of other people commenting a video I had commented. They were not even replies to my comment or owt.
Notification emails for other people commenting on videos i also commented on is a regular occurrence for me as well. I chalk it up to the Youtube bots not being allowed to go home when they are hammered, which would mean they are drinking on the job, which implies a whole litany of issues with working conditions for the youtube bots.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
It's happened to me recently too.

I've also had a few "old" comments show up recently which the viewer had posted months ago, yet I never saw them until this month. They weren't being held for review or anything, they just weren't being displayed until now for some reason.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR

I've also had a few "old" comments show up recently which the viewer had posted months ago, yet I never saw them until this month. They weren't being held for review or anything, they just weren't being displayed until now for some reason.
I hate this! I have seen this happen on my channel too.

Reactions: 819s and Drakhen99

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
It's a pig - wife can't comment on videos on my channel - trying to add her as a authorised user and or moderator too - system won't allow it, I'm supposed to copy her channel URL in to a box and press save but the button is ghosted. I was hoping that if she was a moderator or authorised user her comments would stick. She's getting lots of people saying things about her video's and she can't respond.

819s

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2021
Kanagawa, Japan
www.team819s.com
I ride a
Honda CRF250L
Yes, quite allot, like 1 out 15 comments or so.
And often the people who placed the comments are unaware of this as well.

It is really annoying....
I reached out to the commenter and asked them directly if they erased the comment and why. They had no idea and they started checking the other comments that they had posted. It seemed like their comments on my channel always got deleted but comments on other channels remained. It is so bizarre.

819s

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2021
Kanagawa, Japan
www.team819s.com
I ride a
Honda CRF250L

I have not experienced that yet. I was expecting it to happen though. I will keep an eye out for that.

819s

Wannabie Member
Mar 19, 2021
Kanagawa, Japan
www.team819s.com
I ride a
Honda CRF250L
It's a pig - wife can't comment on videos on my channel - trying to add her as a authorised user and or moderator too - system won't allow it, I'm supposed to copy her channel URL in to a box and press save but the button is ghosted. I was hoping that if she was a moderator or authorised user her comments would stick. She's getting lots of people saying things about her video's and she can't respond.
I tried adding the users to my channel as "always approved" and their comments still get deleted. It's frustrating. I reached out to YouTube but there was no response from them. I just have to live with it.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I chalk it up to the Youtube bots not being allowed to go home when they are hammered, which would mean they are drinking on the job, which implies a whole litany of issues with working conditions for the youtube bots.
Meanwhile YouTube AI gets off the chain freaky while we worry about comments...

robot-dance.gif

Apr 6, 2018
I get this as well. Sucks too because it happens to some of my regulars who comment on EVERY video... I don't want them thinking I'm deleting their comments lol. Seems to happen especially if they include links. Even valuable, relevant, on-topic links.

Question: Has anyone tried setting their comments settings to EVERY comment needing to be approved prior to being posted?

Maybe this would take away youtube automatically reviewing/deleting comments for us?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts