Do You Post Your Videos On Reddit?

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Do any of you post your videos on Reddit?

I've noticed in the motovlogging subreddit that there are lots of videos there but most have 0 comments. That could be because people are watching the videos on YouTube and commenting there so its hard to tell if those posts are actually getting any sort of engagement.

Is it worth the time and effort to post videos there? Do you get a lot of haters? I know the Reddit crowd can be very harsh and it might actually be a bad thing to post on Reddit.

So what are your experiences with Reddit?

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
I just posted my first video there today. The motovlogging sub seems to be kind of dead in terms of community, but people seem to post a lot of videos. I just don't think Reddit is the place to market motovloggs. Maybe crash videos or action stuff, but most people don't seem to care about boring videos on whatever topic.

I run into the same problem here. I want to comment on videos on the forum, but most of the time I do it on YouTube. I think it's more beneficial to the channel to comment there.

I guess if I really wanted to I could copy and paste, but why go through all of that?

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
Reddit seems to frown on self promotion, from my experience. I've been banned from sub-reddits and even suspended from Reddit itself for posting links to articles I've written.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Reddit seems to frown on self promotion, from my experience. I've been banned from sub-reddits and even suspended from Reddit itself for posting links to articles I've written.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly most of Reddit that I've been on is ok with OC. It's mostly /r/motorcycle that bans people for posting their own content...which is really dumb imo

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
I've gotten the smackdown for posting OC in car groups too. Yeah, I write for a web site that would like to someday make enough money that they can actually pay us at some point, but it's not like I make a living writing for Road & Track and post links to my articles to boost the hits and ad revenue.

Whatevz.

MotoTux

Wannabie Member
Oct 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki TU250X
I've posted to that sub without getting much attention.

Jibbs

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2016
I ride a
'14 Ducati Hyperstrada
I have noticed the same thing on reddit- lots of videos and no comments or real interaction. I honestly think alot of people just use it as an easy place to advertise for free. Probably what our vlog section would be if the post-rate restriction thing wasnt in place.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Ok here's my experience. Posting in /r/motovloging is a complete waste of time and will get you next to 0 views.

Posting in /r/motorcycles will get you lots of views till someone from /r/nazi comes and /r/deletes your post.

Posting in a sub that's related to your topic generally works well.

Just remember that due to the nature of reddit you have about 24 hours to make a impact before it disappears into nowhere. Also expect more hate than you will get on YouTube.

Reactions: BlakShadow

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Seriously, reddit has very few communities that actually have good people on it.

Every single motorcycle or car related community on reddit however, is a toxic cesspit.

Same with certain Facebook groups.

I don't recommend posting videos or interacting with the people on reddit, you'll just get cancer. The people there are the worst thing i've seen in humanity. Hell, i'd rather have gay sex with a Nazi that murdered Jews than sit in the same room as a /r/motorcycle redditor.

On the other hand, if you have other interests than motorcycles or cars, there are some really small subreddits that are pretty nice to interact with. Like those dedicated to a niche anime (/r/GirlsundPanzer) or cartoon (/r/MyLittlePony, LOL!).

When it comes to bikes and stuff, I prefer to stick to forums where the population tends to be older and more mature, with a broader international representation. Or just stick to my fellow Asian communities where people are more respectful and actually interested in sharing their experiences in a more light hearted manner.

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Seriously, reddit has very few communities that actually have good people on it.

Every single motorcycle or car related community on reddit however, is a toxic cesspit.

Same with certain Facebook groups.

I don't recommend posting videos or interacting with the people on reddit, you'll just get cancer. The people there are the worst thing i've seen in humanity. Hell, i'd rather have gay sex with a Nazi that murdered Jews than sit in the same room as a /r/motorcycle redditor.

On the other hand, if you have other interests than motorcycles or cars, there are some really small subreddits that are pretty nice to interact with. Like those dedicated to a niche anime (/r/GirlsundPanzer) or cartoon (/r/MyLittlePony, LOL!).

When it comes to bikes and stuff, I prefer to stick to forums where the population tends to be older and more mature, with a broader international representation. Or just stick to my fellow Asian communities where people are more respectful and actually interested in sharing their experiences in a more light hearted manner.

Don't even get me started on car Facebook groups...literally the worst place on the internet.

I tend to agree though. Seeking out forums is normally the best thing to do when it comes to finding a good community.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Seriously, reddit has very few communities that actually have good people on

Thanks for the tip! Subbing to /r/MyLittlePony right now! :D

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
S Hell, i'd rather have gay sex with a Nazi that murdered Jews than sit in the same room as a /r/motorcycle redditor.

heyyyyyyy.. Dont be mean

As for the self promotion,
If everylink you post is something you created, they frown upon it. But if you interact and give back to the community, they dont mind the odd post.

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
So I'm well over the 10% bullshit but still get my videos deleted from /r/motorcycle.

It's not like there was much of a increase in views anyway.

I messaged the moderator so I expect a ban now.
IMG_0772.PNG

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
I wonder if we could band together and start a worthwhile alternative to r/motovlog on reddit.

If you hoon around and do hoodrat shit r/calamariraceteam won't delete anything haha or post stupid drivers and or wrecks.

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I'm wondering if I go and delete all my old posts if I can get around the rule. Hmmm

Seems to me they just don't like motovlogers over there.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts