Curious, What Is Your Day Job?

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
motosera - sounds like an interesting work history. I'm a public servant - a role in the security 'business' so to speak. Largely policy nowadays (boring)
My last job was in Australian Customs and Border Protection so a lot of overlap with the above. I was also a firearams instructor there.
Cool, yes you probably used ours or one of our main competitors equipment in CBP.

It's not as interesting as it sounds either :D:D but it pays the bills!

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
I am retired - I worked 30 years as a full time firefighter , the last ten years I was a Watch Manager working as a Fire Investigator . Before joining the Fire Service I was in the Royal Air Force .

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
I am retired - I worked 30 years as a full time firefighter , the last ten years I was a Watch Manager working as a Fire Investigator . Before joining the Fire Service I was in the Royal Air Force .
I wanted to be a Fire Fighter for many years. Applied to Warwickshire (West Mids froze recruitment at the time) - Didn't get in to Warwickshire :/ I answered the psychometric stuff far too honestly I think. From that day on I promised to make sure I learnt as much as possible.

3 months later West Mids opened up recruitment, someone I knew could have really helped me out, but I was barred from applying to another service for X amount of time.

• Sad
Reactions: HippoDrone

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
I wanted to be a Fire Fighter for many years. Applied to Warwickshire (West Mids froze recruitment at the time) - Didn't get in to Warwickshire :/ I answered the psychometric stuff far too honestly I think. From that day on I promised to make sure I learnt as much as possible.

3 months later West Mids opened up recruitment, someone I knew could have really helped me out, but I was barred from applying to another service for X amount of time.
I joined in West Mids (WMFS) and transfered north after 8 years

Reactions: MickFist

Dnljmrs

Dr Dan
Apr 13, 2020
South Wales
www.danielmorse.me.uk
I ride a
Suzuki GSX650f (K8)
I'm a research scientist in microbiology at University of Bristol! (officially 'Postdoctoral Research Associate')

I grow bacteria, and find out what happens in different experiments, then create mutants of them (like stopping certain genes from working) to see what effect that gene has on it's behaviour. I'm working on a bacterium that causes (among other things) pneumonia and ear/throat infections (Streptococcus pneumoniae), but my background is with the fungus Candida albicans in dentistry and oral microbiology :)
Take a look at my published research here

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts