COVID-19 and motorcycle dealers

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Here in PA all the motorcycle showrooms are still closed, only the service areas are open for business and even then at reduced hours.

My brother and I want to go test ride the new Indian Challenger badly but we have to wait until the showrooms are allowed to open again.

WaltInPA

Wannabie Member
Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.waltinpa.com
I ride a
2018 Honda CB650F
I actually bought my bike during the midst of a state closure. Their parts and service department was allowed to stay open but the showroom was only available by appointment (they were booked for a couple of weeks)

I was able to handle everything online / phone and they delivered the bike to me (free within 100 miles) - all I had to do was sign the paperwork when it arrived. The only downside was that it took a week and a half to get the bike once the deal was finalized.

Reactions: WheelyPerd

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
A large popular local dealer here would have picked up your current trade-in and drop your new bike off. Even though you couldnt actually go into the dealership, services and parts were open the whole time.

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
The little local bike shop I use to annual inspections and odd bits and bobs has remained open - it's only a small family run business and isn't very busy most of the time. I probably only make 2 or 3 visits per year at most to the physical shop - normally to get tyres fitted and mandatory inspections - everything else get's dealt with at home in my workshop.

Also having all older (at least 20 years old) bikes means I don't touch dealers for anything.

I think as a rule most dealerships have been closed in the UK, except for parts. Certainly the car showrooms have been closed and only just started reopening in the last week or so.

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
All the dealerships in Norfolk seem to be open for business sort of. The lights are all off but there is always a phone number on the door saying call this number to be let in.

I mostly ride krusty ol' bikes so I tend to stay away from dealerships

I've ridden plenty of new bikes and they are always pretty nice but I've never ridden anything that convinced me it was so much better than what I have that I would want to spend that kind of money to upgrade. Also it seems most manufacturers have forgotten how to make comfy seats and practical pillion seats. Theres not much out there thats as practical as an old XJR if you want to carry a pilly or just strap some luggage down. Also most new bikes are too cluttered with buttons and modes and unescesary information, its nice to just jump on and ride sometimes. I don't even have a clock on my bike, sounds small but I really enjoy riding without having to think about the time!

Reactions: motosera

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've arranged to go in to my local main dealership on Saturday, by appointment only and will have my temp taken at the door, encouraged to wear face mask and a hand wash station at the doors.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
So strict, and yet here we can still just walk in, say hello and walk out.

1.5 meter distance, washing your hands and using your common sense is all that they have listed on their "rules" at the moment.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Madre Jefe has a service appointment this weekend. Seems it's been business as usual here for about a month.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
How you getting on @Papa Jefe
Pretty great, all things considered. I've mostly phased out the opiate painkillers and my surgeon put me in touch with a prosthetist. In theory, if all goes well I might be walking a bit within the next couple months. Could be back in the saddle shortly after that.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is incredible news mate, keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts