Insta360 x

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am curious how your local bike shops/dealers are adapting to the pandemic.

So far the best email from a dealer I sub to says they are installing more hand sanitizers, employees will be paid to stay home if they are sick, gloves will be worn when handling customer bikes, and folks will maintain distance.

Next best email from another dealer is they will not only do free shipping for parts and accessories but also pick up your trade in and deliver your new bike for free.

Worst email is the dealer who encourages everyone to take it in stride, ride out in the countryside, and stop for a bite at some mom and pop place. I am guessing the countryside they ride through is better stocked and cleaned than the places I wander through around my part of this world.

So what are you seeing in your part of the world?

Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Similar story here. The local HD dealership is handling things with caution, making sure employees are taken care of. Meanwhile the other dealer is just treating this like it's all silliness. "Come and buy from us, we want your money, if people don't show up then they're just SOL."

Reactions: R-Rated

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Here in South Africa, we're a little late to most parties. Our local Triumph sent out an email to just stay safe, havent seen anything from anyone else.

Im actually going to phone up a dealer or two and see what they say, are they still letting people test ride bikes? Are they cleaning the bikes before?

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
A local multi manufacturer dealer and the official Kawa importer, are sanitizing their entire dealership every morning before opening. Very nice effort from them.

WEB

Wannabie Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I spent all day at the Harley dealership (8k service) and yeah all normal business as usual. Coffee was a bit weaker than usual though

WEB

Wannabie Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
That Harley coffee, I remember when they had sold cans of it. I got a couple of the tins someplace.
Mine has a full barista and machine and trendy tables and artwork and stuff. They went full hipster back in the hipster days and used to host full days of bikes and coffee (open to everyone, not just Harley types!)

Those were good days.

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Mine has a full barista and machine and trendy tables and artwork and stuff. They went full hipster back in the hipster days and used to host full days of bikes and coffee (open to everyone, not just Harley types!)

Those were good days.
That sounds a lot like Pensacola HD. They've got a full bar and everything. Not like our sad little dealership here in Mobile. I really like the local guys but MAAAAAN Pcola is nice.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Don't know much about dealerships, over here we are on the Movement Control Order (MCO) now, workshops and garages are permitted to operate in certain hours. Next week the army will be aiding the police force to ensure this MCO is being obeyed since we have a lot of monkey citizens treating this as a mini holiday to head back to hometowns and shit.. What they are doing is what Italians did and see how bad it is there. Sigh. Idiots that never learn should be forced infected with the virus and then quarantined/experimented on as lab mice.

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
No contact from the dealers here.
But the ones that i'm aware off work with the no handshake, no cash, social distance system.
Some have turned off coffee machines and vending machines. Some clean them every 30/60 minutes or so.

Other then that, kinda seems business as usual, just fewer people.

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Well, one of the Harley dealers released an email that they are closing their doors until April 3rd . . .

First dealer to close its doors.JPG

Which is serious as they had a demo truck scheduled for this coming weekend. Plus the dealer owns three other locations in western TN. I hope everyone that works there is well.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts