COVID-19 and motorcycle dealers

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am curious how your local bike shops/dealers are adapting to the pandemic.

So far the best email from a dealer I sub to says they are installing more hand sanitizers, employees will be paid to stay home if they are sick, gloves will be worn when handling customer bikes, and folks will maintain distance.

Next best email from another dealer is they will not only do free shipping for parts and accessories but also pick up your trade in and deliver your new bike for free.

Worst email is the dealer who encourages everyone to take it in stride, ride out in the countryside, and stop for a bite at some mom and pop place. I am guessing the countryside they ride through is better stocked and cleaned than the places I wander through around my part of this world.

So what are you seeing in your part of the world?

Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Similar story here. The local HD dealership is handling things with caution, making sure employees are taken care of. Meanwhile the other dealer is just treating this like it's all silliness. "Come and buy from us, we want your money, if people don't show up then they're just SOL."

Reactions: R-Rated

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Here in South Africa, we're a little late to most parties. Our local Triumph sent out an email to just stay safe, havent seen anything from anyone else.

Im actually going to phone up a dealer or two and see what they say, are they still letting people test ride bikes? Are they cleaning the bikes before?

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
A local multi manufacturer dealer and the official Kawa importer, are sanitizing their entire dealership every morning before opening. Very nice effort from them.

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I spent all day at the Harley dealership (8k service) and yeah all normal business as usual. Coffee was a bit weaker than usual though

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
That Harley coffee, I remember when they had sold cans of it. I got a couple of the tins someplace.

Mine has a full barista and machine and trendy tables and artwork and stuff. They went full hipster back in the hipster days and used to host full days of bikes and coffee (open to everyone, not just Harley types!)

Those were good days.

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Mine has a full barista and machine and trendy tables and artwork and stuff. They went full hipster back in the hipster days and used to host full days of bikes and coffee (open to everyone, not just Harley types!)

Those were good days.
That sounds a lot like Pensacola HD. They've got a full bar and everything. Not like our sad little dealership here in Mobile. I really like the local guys but MAAAAAN Pcola is nice.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Don't know much about dealerships, over here we are on the Movement Control Order (MCO) now, workshops and garages are permitted to operate in certain hours. Next week the army will be aiding the police force to ensure this MCO is being obeyed since we have a lot of monkey citizens treating this as a mini holiday to head back to hometowns and shit.. What they are doing is what Italians did and see how bad it is there. Sigh. Idiots that never learn should be forced infected with the virus and then quarantined/experimented on as lab mice.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
No contact from the dealers here.
But the ones that i'm aware off work with the no handshake, no cash, social distance system.
Some have turned off coffee machines and vending machines. Some clean them every 30/60 minutes or so.

Other then that, kinda seems business as usual, just fewer people.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Well, one of the Harley dealers released an email that they are closing their doors until April 3rd . . .

First dealer to close its doors.JPG

Which is serious as they had a demo truck scheduled for this coming weekend. Plus the dealer owns three other locations in western TN. I hope everyone that works there is well.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
My local dealer is still up and running for the most part. You can order parts and accessories online or by phone, but the doors are locked to the public. If your willing to commit they'll still sell bikes too, my dad just picked up a brand new MT-09 today ahaha

The absolute maddad

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated and Pooley

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
From as far as I can tell, all my local dealers are closed until further notice. But CMC did get quiz night up online for the time being, so it's not the end of the world just yet...

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
After 5 weeks of being closed, our local dealers will be closed for at least another 2 weeks.

Most shops are running specials though

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
My local HD dealer and the shop I use for the Suzuki are both doing phone orders, no walk ins (doors are locked), and showing bikes by appointment only. I'm not sure if they are allowing demo rides, but I did need to pick up some brake pads for the Suzuki and they did have a father inside having his young daughter sit on dirt bikes to see which one she liked. Kind of awesome to see that. Everyone had on masks inside (Father, daughter, salesman and the clerk who was running parts out to those of us who called in to order them).

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
A bit late but they all shut up shop. They've since started to reopen but by appoinment only. Which was came at the right time for me since my chains and sprockets where getting close to the end of life

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Our local dealers are also finally open. Face masks are required and test rides need to be booked (normally you can just walk in and if the bike is available, test it). I'll need a service in a month or two, not that I did many km's this year ;)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
So here in Australia, well the bit I live in, we really only have a couple of importers. One has roughly 80% of the market.

They closed down the city stores and left the regional ones open.

But other than that the whole country has a who cares attitude.

• Wow
Reactions: WheelyPerd

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
The dealership I use has stayed open and is by appointment only. No re-open strategy there yet.

I had my bike serviced in mid-April and it was basically drive the bike to their garage door, knock on the door, someone greets me with a mask on, look at bike, say goodbye. When I went to pick it up, same experience, and they rolled my bike out to the street and left quickly.

I believe you can go in for apparel with a similar appointment, although I just stick to Revzilla / brand sites and hope I don't have to return anything.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts