Not open for further replies.

sgtmarkins

Wannabie Member
Aug 10, 2011
Kentucky
www.youtube.com
I ride a
KLR 650 & GTR1400
I think someone is testing the Replay XD1080p???? Good call.. Lets see how it performs.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz4MMP5FyUU[/youtube]

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
So of you will be pleased to know I am know likely to get a drift, having been on the verge of buying a contour (then they put the price up) I have found a drift I will hopeful get it ordered tomorow, £165 only £15 more r
Than the contour was going to be

MisterX

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2011
www.TopEnd.tv
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki Z1000 & 2003 Triumph Speedmaster
Lots of good points and considerations here. At this time, I have three GoPro HD cameras that I sync up with an external audio device (iPhone) in post processing. However, the other cameras here, Contour HD and Drift, look like they could be some good possible additions.

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
VholdR's Contour+ is packed with awesome features but it's as Top Gear would put it : "Ambitious but Rubbish". I've run through so many problems with it that I often want to finish it with a hammer (I might actually do it and film it):

- Sometimes it refuses to turn on, for no reason at all. You have to remove the battery, drain any remaining power from it by pressing the button and then put the battery back and start again.

- They conveniently advertised on the website that the FOV on 1080p is 170°. It's not. It's 135°. It only is 170° in 960p or 720p mode, and the overall image quality is not as good as GoPro's.

Of all three cameras, the GoPro has the best image quality by a good margin. But it's not the most practical camera for vlogging: it's quite bulky, not aerodynamic, and you'll need a voice recorder to vlog with it. Have done so for the past 6-9 months and my best videos have been made with it. A great camera overall. Would have been even better if the HF microphone that these guys promised two years ago actually came out someday.

As for the Drift, never tested it, but only heard great things. Think of it as a Contour+ that's a bit bigger but actually works.

That's what we call a dilemma, but to be honest, in this situation I'd go for the Drift.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
ParisianZee said:
That's what we call a dilemma, but to be honest, in this situation I'd go for the Drift.

Thats exactly what I've done, £165 brand new from ebay. Bargain.

launch

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2011
Gnarth America
www.launchhelmetcams.ca
I ride a
Bunch of different two wheeled badboys.
ParisianZee said:
VholdR's Contour+ is packed with awesome features but it's as Top Gear would put it : "Ambitious but Rubbish". I've run through so many problems with it that I often want to finish it with a hammer (I might actually do it and film it):
- They conveniently advertised on the website that the FOV on 1080p is 170°. It's not. It's 135°. It only is 170° in 960p or 720p mode, and the overall image quality is not as good as GoPro's. /quote]

Ya, the Plus and the GPS seemed to have been pushed a little early before the firmware was really ready. Just a few moments on the contour support forums and you'll see there are plenty of people purporting problems with their plusses (aliteration, woo!). It took a few months for the GPS problems to smooth over, but now seem to be all taken care of (+6 months after the release, eeeeeeEEEee).

To the second point, the DRIFT HD is also boasting a 170 degree FOV in 1080. We checked it out and it definitely is looking wide. Unfortunately the preproduction units dont have great firmware developed yet either, so we aren't going to put out any footage yet. But ya, 170 in 1080 should be pretty swate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 32
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts