Cardo Packtalk Connecting Sena Bluetooth Audio Pack

Vikas

Wannabie Member
Jun 1, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
hello all , can some one throw light on how we can connect the Cardo Packtalk with SENA Bluetooth Audio Pack ( for go Pro ) .

my intension is to record the Vlog from Gopro , but the audio will go via the CArdo Packtalk helmet communication device.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Hi Vikas, did you ever figure this out? Or does anybody else know? I found a vid on YouTube where a guy is blogging with it bugbear he's not speaking English!

Anybody? Thanks in advance!

Vikas

Wannabie Member
Jun 1, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
Hi GIZZ , i was able to figure this out on my own . So here are the steps :

1. If i understand correctly the first thing a ride would do when he buy a PaclTalk is pair his Mobile phone : By holding the Phone symbol button and then entering into Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. now in Cardo packtalk, ther are Two Bluetooth channels : Either to have two mobiles connection or 1 mobile & GPS navigation device or 1 mobile or anyother Sena Bluetooth
3. this is what you need to do for connecting the second Bluetooth device ( Sena Bluetooth pack or any other Bluetooth device ) on Channel 2 : Turn on the Packtalk first , then after it turns on press and hold the On/off button for 4secs to enter Pairing mode while this is happening make sure the SENA bluetooth pack is also in self pairing mode. automatically you will hear Cardo saying SENA bluetooth conneted. now you have Channel 1 - Mobile and Channel 2- Sena bluetooth.
4. how to switch between these two channel : whenever you turn the SENA bluetooth on , automatically the Cardo will connect to the Channel 2 and your phone will get disconnected.
5. you can even toggle using CArdo : Hold Phone button for 5 sec for Mobile 1 as default or Hold phone button for 3 sec for SENA bluetooth as the default bluetooth channel . ( havent tried this or tested this step )

hope this clarifies. you can also look at some of my video on youtube : "Vikas 190kph"

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Thanks Vikas, I checked out a bunch of your vids. Nice slow mo and reverse clips. Do you know if you can record the hd audio for yourself? Have you tried to record a group ride conversation? Thanks!

Hi GIZZ , i was able to figure this out on my own . So here are the steps :

1. If i understand correctly the first thing a ride would do when he buy a PaclTalk is pair his Mobile phone : By holding the Phone symbol button and then entering into Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. now in Cardo packtalk, ther are Two Bluetooth channels : Either to have two mobiles connection or 1 mobile & GPS navigation device or 1 mobile or anyother Sena Bluetooth
3. this is what you need to do for connecting the second Bluetooth device ( Sena Bluetooth pack or any other Bluetooth device ) on Channel 2 : Turn on the Packtalk first , then after it turns on press and hold the On/off button for 4secs to enter Pairing mode while this is happening make sure the SENA bluetooth pack is also in self pairing mode. automatically you will hear Cardo saying SENA bluetooth conneted. now you have Channel 1 - Mobile and Channel 2- Sena bluetooth.
4. how to switch between these two channel : whenever you turn the SENA bluetooth on , automatically the Cardo will connect to the Channel 2 and your phone will get disconnected.
5. you can even toggle using CArdo : Hold Phone button for 5 sec for Mobile 1 as default or Hold phone button for 3 sec for SENA bluetooth as the default bluetooth channel . ( havent tried this or tested this step )

hope this clarifies. you can also look at some of my video on youtube : "Vikas 190kph"

Vikas

Wannabie Member
Jun 1, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
i think HD voice recording is not possible using the Sena Audio pack over the Gopro and connecting the Cardo Packtalk . i could only record Stereo Voice with the Cardo packtalk.

Now the negatives :
Since its a CArdo the conversation in the intercom doesnt get captured during the Video recording .
Also if i am going on very high speed , the Voice doesnt get record .

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
sena audio pack is pretty pointless nowadays. You can't connect it to anything newer than gopro 4 as far as I know, and also there is a delay in audio going through bluetooth this way. Not even mentioning pairing it with no Sena intercom which will cause losing high audio quality.
The best option is really to split your cardo microphone wire and record it separately with some tascam kinda recorder or possibly (haven't tested that yet) pair you intercom with additional packtalk unit which you connect directly to the recorder instead of the headphones. Instead of the additional recorder you can use gopro microphone adapter as well.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
sena audio pack is pretty pointless nowadays. You can't connect it to anything newer than gopro 4 as far as I know, and also there is a delay in audio going through bluetooth this way. Not even mentioning pairing it with no Sena intercom which will cause losing high audio quality.
The best option is really to split your cardo microphone wire and record it separately with some tascam kinda recorder or possibly (haven't tested that yet) pair you intercom with additional packtalk unit which you connect directly to the recorder instead of the headphones. Instead of the additional recorder you can use gopro microphone adapter as well.

I’m using the Sena audio pack. I’m using DJI Osmo Action and my buddy is using it the same way with his newer GoPro. If you multi vlog there really is no easier way to record audio with your camera, no syncing up audio afterwards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RideOnTwo

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I've been looking for a good solution as the method I use for recording group ride conversation at the moment is to position the mic near one of the Earpieces which results in poor quality and hit and miss it'll capture anything. This also needs repositioning back to the mouth when not on a group ride as the Packtalk doesn't feed your own voice back if you're not in a group. This ended up with a broken mic after a month of constantly repositioning it.

So I need a better solution?

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
I’m using the Sena audio pack. I’m using DJI Osmo Action and my buddy is using it the same way with his newer GoPro. If you multi vlog there really is no easier way to record audio with your camera, no syncing up audio afterwards!
Unfortunatelly on top of all that hassle there is one big problem. Sena audio pack works in HQ mode only with Sena comm's. With others it has got shitty quality

There is another cheap and easy solution:

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
I'm not exatcly on topic here but I think it makes for great video when 2 bikes pull up next to each other at the traffic lights and just shout at each other till the lights change and the conversation is inturupted. It happens a lot in Shadtree videos for example and its a very real motorcylce experience that anyone who has riden can relate to. There's just something about the brief exchange that makes it very entertaining! :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts