Cardo can now record your intercom chat

At last the iOS version is released. Apple approved the update.
Feel free to download/update your iOS CREW app to get the recording option. :)
If you have any feedback or requests, I would be happy to hear from you.
Thank you
Christophe

Hi,

Managed to finally get out on the bikes yesterday and try the Crew app at recording all of us. It may have kicked me out of the Cardo group at first, I say may as I couldn't hear the group once I had started recording the comms on the app. Once I pressed the intercom button on my Cardo, it put me back in and it carried on recording.
This recording below is of 3 of us stood in a layby with crash helmets on pairing the Cardo's together.

I will post a clip of riding at approx 60mph+

And believe it or not, this was at 50mph increasing to 60mph+

Quality is always going to be restricted by the Cardo's being in line of sight, and whatever each person has their settings set to regards wind and background noise reduction.

Settings of Crew app:
Noise reduction for intercom: ON
Motovlogging Audio Split: ON
Record all sounds from Intercom: ON
Remove noise and mix with others:OFF

I really think this app has great potential. Imagine if this was a sat nav app specifically for riders. Along the lines of Calimoto where it would plot twisty routes for you, record your ride, allow you to plan on a pc app and use on the phone as sat nav, BUT with the ability to record ALL of your audio of that ride. I'd be sold on it and buy it. You could hear in that recording above that our MyRouteApp sat nav was playing up. We were both using the same planned route from the same account, yet his and mine were saying take different turns. Baffles me no end.

I am confused. Who was running the CREW app besides yourself? It is not supposed to record audio from others UNLESS they are in the ride using CREW as well. That implies the microphone from the headset (Cardo/Sena) is 'captured' by the phone -> the phone should (AFAIK) only record your voice from the microphone, and the other riders IF they are using Crew as well. That's how the app can assign the different channels (local mic vs other riders) to left and right. In your recording, I can't really tell.
Please let me know. :)

It was only myself using the CREW app. What that has done is record all of my comms, myself and two others who were not on the CREW app. The others do not even have CREW on their phones.
I have no idea as to why/how. I assumed that was what it was meant to do. It works well if you maintain the line of sight for the Cardo's.

That's really weird. Which cardo do you have?
The fact that the app hears your friends means you somehow bridged the phone * conversation with the group call.
When crew uses the Bluetooth microphone, it behaves LIKE a phone call from POV of the headset.

Anyhow,... If your buddies also use crew then they can have sena and won't need line of sight as it uses cellular data..

That's really weird. Which cardo do you have?
The fact that the app hears your friends means you somehow bridged the phone * conversation with the group call.
When crew uses the Bluetooth microphone, it behaves LIKE a phone call from POV of the headset.

Anyhow,... If your buddies also use crew then they can have sena and won't need line of sight as it uses cellular data..
We all have the Cardo Packtalk Bolds with JBL speakers. There is a function on the Cardo's that if I was to receive a phone call, I can then bring all of the Cardo's in the mesh group onto that phone call. All of the people can then speak to the person who phoned me. I wonder if I somehow did that? I'm sure I didn't do anything different than normal to create our mesh group.
I will try again the next time we go out, just with the Cardo's, but I will also try and get them on the CREW app to try it that way also.
Thanks for the feedback.

I've got a Cardo Packtalk Bold and ever since I've been videoing my rides, I've moaned about what a faff it is to record dual comms. I had it working lovely when we set off for our UK tour, but a dam good downpour put paid to the GoPro mic adapter.
I always said it would be so good if the Cardo app could just record it. Well, now it can.
A few have tried it already, but they say it's laggy and even goes quiet for a while every now and then.
Anyone got the Cardo Edge, Neo or Custom and tried it out?
Recording the audio has got to be the Holy Grail hasn't it?
Been trying to figure out for ages how to record Cardo Audio on my Packtalk Bold, ended up just sticking a mic next to it, doesn't work very well. Can the Bold do this or just the new one's?

It is definitely something we all struggle with from time to time... I use the same setup in all my helmets with the mic adaptor, but try to waterproof it all with electrical tape and Blu-Tac on the ports etc.
I've not tried recording through a comms unit, but I think @PhilTonic has done some testing
So there's a really good video by Teapot One where he shows that he uses those little wax earplugs, breaks a little bit off and moulds it round the connector, much better than bluetack and tape, and proper waterproof. Here's a link to the video -
These are the one's:
IMG_0670.jpg

So there's a really good video by Teapot One where he shows that he uses those little wax earplugs, breaks a little bit off and moulds it round the connector, much better than bluetack and tape, and proper waterproof. Here's a link to the video -
These are the one's:View attachment 6860
I used to run that exact set up with my hero 7 black. I've tried all sorts of set ups, the best one being I had 3 mics in my helmet. One cardo mic, one straight to the camera, and another one mated to a set of earphones coming off of a splitter from the cardo. A lot of faff. The Crew app is worth a go, it's got great potential

Been trying to figure out for ages how to record Cardo Audio on my Packtalk Bold, ended up just sticking a mic next to it, doesn't work very well. Can the Bold do this or just the new one's?
I've done just that and had a decent result, I think.
I don't post enough to be able to link, but it's the latest vlog on my channel if you are interested in checking it out- I'd be interested in feedback on it.

I've done just that and had a decent result, I think.
I don't post enough to be able to link, but it's the latest vlog on my channel if you are interested in checking it out- I'd be interested in feedback on it.
The only thing I found putting another mic next to the speaker was it pressed against my ear.
I used a splitter out of the cardo, one side I plugged my custom fit guards into, the other I plugged in a set of earphones (that came with my mobile phone) . I pulled the rubber cover back on itself and pushed a mic into that so it was picking up straight from that earphone. That mic then plugged into the camera with another splitter.

I just had a splitter cable out of the Drift, one mic positioned as normal vlogging mic and another mic next to the Packtalk speaker. I found a position that doesn't press on me anywhere- it may be down to differences in helmets.

I've not been out on the bike for quite a while, just out of interest, has anyone else tried the Crew app to record comms audio?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back