Blackpearl New Member Intro

BlackPearl

Wannabie Member
Jun 2, 2017
I ride a
2017 Ninja 650
Just wanted to introduce myself I am Jack Sparrow (ok not really) and I am from the shores of the south east (Miami) 32 and just enjoying life

Wanting to get into Motovlogging very soon because it looks like a ton of fun and why not! going through some camera reviews and they dont make it easy for a sub 150 dollar market there is a lot to choose from used or new.

I am still not riding but will be soon! got my eyes set on the Ninja 650 2017 model, she is such a sexy beast and full of features that I am impressed with.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
May be worth getting the bike before the camera, especially if your budget is restricting your choice of kit! :)

BlackPearl

Wannabie Member
Jun 2, 2017
I ride a
2017 Ninja 650
May be worth getting the bike before the camera, especially if your budget is restricting your choice of kit! :)

Well my credit is great what I am planning on doing is get my full gear, motovlog setup bought and then get the bike... sounds weird but when you don't have to put anything down on the bike its not really a issue but my first priority will be protection for my body of course over camera :p

Reactions: HippoDrone

ShiftHer

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2015
Chicago area
shifther.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ-07
Well my credit is great what I am planning on doing is get my full gear, motovlog setup bought and then get the bike... sounds weird but when you don't have to put anything down on the bike its not really a issue but my first priority will be protection for my body of course over camera :p

Not weird. I bought a helmet and gloves before even buying my bike. Ended up getting rest of gear about a month later. Only thing I would say regarding the gear, is sometimes different gear works better on different type of bikes (ex. shorter jacket on a sport bike versus a bit longer one works okay on a standard bike). Just keep receipts in case you change your mind. :)

BlackPearl

Wannabie Member
Jun 2, 2017
I ride a
2017 Ninja 650
OK Forget about cameras and trying to motovlog.

Learn how to ride first. Its much more distracting than you think trying to ride and vlog at the same time.

Yea I intend to have all my focus on riding and depending on how much it costs take a advanced course in riding + watch videos on youtube if i have any questions about anything. Unfortunately I know 0 people that actually ride so there isn't much room for asking unless in the forums but I will def connect the camera in case there is a idiot pulling out in my way or something happens the idea of motovlogging is fun but most likely aint going to take it too seriously since my main priority is to ride safe and learn how to navigate the bike properly

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
Welcome! Riding definitely takes a lot more focus than you'd think. Are you sure you want a new bike for your first? My first bike I dropped before I even got on it. Thankfully it was an old beater Honda Shadow. Be safe out there!

BlackPearl

Wannabie Member
Jun 2, 2017
I ride a
2017 Ninja 650
I second the opinion to focus on riding at least for a few months.
You can get the camera gear and set it up to record rides but don't try to vlog just yet.
It really does take quite a bit of concentration to deal with traffic sometimes and you will be distracted talking to yourself/cam without realising.

I hear you all thanks for all your concerns about my riding safety I am definitely concerned about it as well obviously.

I pretty much have all my gear picked out @ the moment but I am trying to figure out fitment a little bit, ill prob go back to the dealership close by me and try on helmets, jackets everything just to see the size and try to buy everything cheaper online :)

Sharktank

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
I ride a
2011 Road Glide Custom
I've learned in life that people are going to do what they've made up their minds to do. If you are set on a new bike for a first bike, go out and get it. You'll either regret not buying it if you don't, or you'll get it and wish you'd started with something different. Experience is the best professor.

Welcome to motorcycling. Be safe.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Welcome and nice choice of bike! How have you got on with riding, have you got your bike/setup yet?

Abay

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha MT-25, Yamaha "Vixion" FZ 150
Welcome! As what the others have said, motovlogging will really distract you a lot from riding your bike properly. The first time I try to even just put a camera on my helmet, I got really distracted. Don't rush the process, but certainly don't shy away from trying it. Ride safe!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts