2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
To be honest, I prefer that motorcycles are not the go-to or must-have thing for everyone.. Otherwise the rate of douchebag riders will rise and surpass douchebag drivers.. Hahahaha..
This should keep the quality of riders high....

No matter how hard they make the test or how good the instructor teaches, once the student passes he/she will ride however they want regardless.... I too do not want the roads flooded with idiots on 2 wheels, however it would be nice to get a few more out on the road :)

Reactions: SighBored

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
This should keep the quality of riders high....

No matter how hard they make the test or how good the instructor teaches, once the student passes he/she will ride however they want regardless.... I too do not want the roads flooded with idiots on 2 wheels, however it would be nice to get a few more out on the road :)
Over here the tide is shifting.. Too many are starting to join in the bandwagon and even the introduction of the 150cc moped making the weekend scene congested.. Puts me off from thinking about weekend riding.. We may ride within our limit but when too many are on the road the chances of someone trying to show their talent gets high and end result in a crash or something.. It's becoming like a common thing to see buddies sharing accidents/crashes news every weekend now.. Sad but true.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
To be honest, I prefer that motorcycles are not the go-to or must-have thing for everyone.. Otherwise the rate of douchebag riders will rise and surpass douchebag drivers.. Hahahaha..
Hey! I have been called douchebag before so am I back in fashion?

Just kidding, I am always in fashion and douchie.

2018-01-12_21-04-38.jpg

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Over here the tide is shifting.. Too many are starting to join in the bandwagon and even the introduction of the 150cc moped making the weekend scene congested.. Puts me off from thinking about weekend riding.. We may ride within our limit but when too many are on the road the chances of someone trying to show their talent gets high and end result in a crash or something.. It's becoming like a common thing to see buddies sharing accidents/crashes news every weekend now.. Sad but true.

Seems like the "norm" to have a crash and post it on youtube now ...... :rolleyes:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
It seems like a rule here, that every spring (there is almost no riding in the winter, because of snow), a month of maybe a bit more, is a cleansing period, as I call it. That is when the restless and fearless (usually on sports bikes) get in to lots of accidents. Usually the period ends once one or two are dead, and rest of the summer goes rather calmly, with only minor accidents.
Sounds pretty cruel, when said out like that, but that's just what I've noticed.

MusingRab

Wannabie Member
Mar 2, 2018
Edinburgh, Scotland
I ride a
BMW F800 GS
There are two breeds of rider....Summer/fair weather rider and the the all-year-rounders....

Now while i'm not trying to condemn or vilify the former camp, a lot of riders go out at the weekend, not having ridden in MONTHS and tear it up like Rossi.

Again, I like to do that too.....but I know that my skills atrophy having not ridden in a while.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
There are two breeds of rider....Summer/fair weather rider and the the all-year-rounders....

Now while i'm not trying to condemn or vilify the former camp, a lot of riders go out at the weekend, not having ridden in MONTHS and tear it up like Rossi.

Again, I like to do that too.....but I know that my skills atrophy having not ridden in a while.
Hell my skills atrophy just being away from my bike while on a 2 week vacation. Bike feels heavier and harder to turn and for some reason I forgot my confidence somewhere.

Same goes with the skill with my mouse whenever I get back to Overwatch after not touching a computer for that 2 weeks. My mouse suddenly feels bigger in my hands when I get back.

Reactions: Jafnhaar

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
It seems like a rule here, that every spring (there is almost no riding in the winter, because of snow), a month of maybe a bit more, is a cleansing period, as I call it. That is when the restless and fearless (usually on sports bikes) get in to lots of accidents. Usually the period ends once one or two are dead, and rest of the summer goes rather calmly, with only minor accidents.
Sounds pretty cruel, when said out like that, but that's just what I've noticed.

I've noticed that too :D

Does seem like the problem in most cases around my area!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts