Best Safety Tip - Seems To Have Been For A While!

BikerCam

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6
I always got told the quote "Ride like your invisible, because you are to cars"

Reactions: whingnut

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Looks like it's nothing new!

Quote from "Car Driving in two weeks" 1955

"a driver must assume that all other road users including pedestrians are mentally deficient"
Well they are.

Think of how utterly moronic the average person is.

You picturing that? Good.

Now realise that half of the people out there are even bigger muppets than that!

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
MUPPETS! I love that word! But yes, I assume everyone out there is an utter idiot... It has saved me a many a time!

DeeMoney

Wannabie Member
Sep 29, 2015
I ride a
07 zx6r
EIther ride at the front of the pack of cars or in the back. If you are in the middle, try to go onto the side lanes and avoid the middle.

BluePixel

Wannabie Member
Nov 28, 2015
UK
I ride a
ZX9R
I ride and assume everyone else is incompetent. Which is normally the case anyway.

DiePotman

Wannabie Member
Dec 3, 2015
Ceturion, Gauteng
I ride a
2015 Honda XR 150, 2013 Big Boy Zooka 125
The one thing that has stuck with me ever since I started driving, was that you should not only think for yourself, but everyone around you as well.

But with some people you encounter out there...it's just impossible to dumb down THAT much...

BluePixel

Wannabie Member
Nov 28, 2015
UK
I ride a
ZX9R
A lot of people drive for themselves.

For instance when I'm coming up to a stop, whether it's traffic lights, junction or just a queue of traffic, I start to break well in advance. Not to give me more stopping distance, but to make sure the dopey idiot behind me has plenty of time to see I'm braking / slowing while they're focused on everything other than driving.

I try to anticipate what other people may do and then drive / ride accordingly. You do get the odd person who does something beyond stupid but you can't anticipate everything.

HikngBiker

The Fog
Oct 4, 2015
Fife
I ride a
Kawasaki ZR-7
A lot of people drive for themselves.

For instance when I'm coming up to a stop, ..., I start to break well in advance. Not to give me more stopping distance, but to make sure the dopey idiot behind me has plenty of time to see I'm braking / slowing while they're focused on everything other than driving.

True Blue.
Even when stopped at the lights, I can't help glance at them in the mirrors. Just in case they are a "creeper". Keep back man!

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Crashes between vehicles only happen when two vehicles want to occupy the same space at the same time. Think who else might want that space and why, and have a B plan.

40Yrold

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2015
I ride a
GSXR750
The david hough book . Proficient motorcycling is a great book
and cheap used if you can find it on alibris.com

CBiker

CulinaryBiker
Aug 2, 2016
Canberra
I ride a
2016 Harley Davidson FXDF
Looks like it's nothing new!

Quote from "Car Driving in two weeks" 1955

"a driver must assume that all other road users including pedestrians are mentally deficient"

I have always ridden like everyone else on the road is out to hit me, has worked for me for 5 years and the only incident I've had was on a closed course during my license testing. Also doesn't harm the matter I ride a Harley with aftermarket pipes

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Other thing is. If everyone else is mentally deficient, that means I'm the only sensible person here!

You lot really are in a bad shape...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts