Status
Not open for further replies.

misteroldschool

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bucharest RO
I ride a
Malaguti fifty top
i have a separate audio recorder. sometimes when i make a 5 minute video the audio ends up being condensed into say 4:30 seconds (for some reason the audio recorder takes the 5 min track and squishes it into a shorter one) anyone ever had this problem? anyway to fix it? cause you cant really sync it to the video right :(

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
Same problem here. When you record the audio and video separately, the track lengths are rarely the same.

My solution was quite simple :

1- When you start recording with the voice recorder, you should capture the red light coming up on camera, so that when editing, you know where the audio tracks begins.

2- Also capture the same red light coming off on camera, so that you know when the audio track should end.

3- Once you've set the beginning at the right place in the video, stretch or compress the audio track on any suitable editing software so that it meets the end point on the video.

Once that is done, calculate the percentage of stretch/compression that you had to apply to the audio track (if the editing software doesn't already show it, most do). Then you'll just have to apply that same percentage to every video you'll be editing in the future.

In my case, I've always had to set the audio track speed to 102% and it's always worked spot on.

Hope this helps.

misteroldschool

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bucharest RO
I ride a
Malaguti fifty top
thanx guys, i tried stretching the audio track out but it ended up sounding really weird afterward so instead i just left the audio track alone and condensed the video (sony vegas btw)

the audio recorder doesent do this all the time only maybe 10% of the time, most of the time if i film 5 minutes i will get 5 minutes of audio too (that is if i push both record buttons at the same time when starting and stopping) probably time for a new recorder though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts