Anyone got the GoPro7 Yet

TSR

YouTube: The Surrey Rider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Suzuki VanVan RV125
render 1080 at 4k, then it will look loads better on YouTube mate, you won't get any compression so you can render at the actual bitrate recorded.
Thanks for the tip (and the one on my latest video too). As a noob when it comes to rendering and things like that could you clarify what exactly the setting are that I should be exporting/rendering my videos with?

Using the Hero 7 Black, recording at 1080p 60fps, should I be exporting at 4K 60fps? What bit rate should I be using? (I cannot for the life of me seem to find out what bitrate the Hero 7 Black uses when recording 1080/60fps.

Also as I have been using IMovie for my last few videos due to finding Premiere Pro to be too complicated I realise I cannot choose what bit rate or frame rate to render at. What program do you use?

I really appreciate the help, cheers :)

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
if you right click on one of the unedited videos on your PC that you have recorded on the GoPro you can bring up its properties, click details and it will tell you the maximum bitrate, it'll be around 45,000 kbps, that it the bitrate you should render at also using the same fps you record at. Then render it at 4k which will then make YouTube think it is a 4k video so they won't compress the bitrate when you upload it! :)
I use Filmora Wondershare, it is a really simple editor and has most of the features you'd want as a motovlogger although doesn't have track and blur yet. It is really cheap though (around £30).

Reactions: TSR

TSR

YouTube: The Surrey Rider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Suzuki VanVan RV125
Thank you so much, I will go ahead and try this out and have a look at Wondershare too. Cheers

Reactions: HippoDrone