Anyone good with Adobe after effects?

tarmacjapa

Tarmac Japan
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
MT-07 Cafe Racer
Having serious troubles trying to use "track motion" to blur out my Speedo. Any experts here?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I use a different editing software to do that soz. For future simplicity, you could just put a little bit of tape over it or use a polorizing filter on your camera at 90' to the screen if it is lcd?

EDcase

-=RC8=-
Jan 26, 2016
SouthEast UK
I ride a
KTM RC8 Putytat
Simple solution is to blur the entire bottom of the frame with a graduated strength.
It looks OK because its like depth of field.

tarmacjapa

Tarmac Japan
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
MT-07 Cafe Racer
OK, I'm going for a long ride tomorrow, so I'll have a go at bluring the bottom like you said. I'm sure it's the easiest...In the mean time I'll have a practice with motion tracking some more

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
On Corel VideoStudio 2018 there are options to track a point or an area and by using the area track, you can give the software a nice clear part to track. I find it works far better that trying to track a single point. I don't know if After Effects has the same option?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
It’s difficult to do motion tracking over the length of an entire clip especially if the X, Y, and Z axis of what you’re tracking is moving a lot. It’s generally better to do the tracking in small sections. Also, to help with the tracking place high contrast markers on your plate or around it like white or black tape in the shape of a cross. Motion tracking in After Effects works best if it can track something with a high contrast edge.

- Wolf

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

tarmacjapa

Tarmac Japan
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
MT-07 Cafe Racer
It’s difficult to do motion tracking over the length of an entire clip especially if the X, Y, and Z axis of what you’re tracking is moving a lot. It’s generally better to do the tracking in small sections. Also, to help with the tracking place high contrast markers on your plate or around it like white or black tape in the shape of a cross. Motion tracking in After Effects works best if it can track something with a high contrast edge.

- Wolf
Just stuck a bright pink sticker on my speedo. I'll give it another go in motion tracking. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: scooterwuf

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
When I erm needed this feature I would stick a nice yellow sticker on the top of my instrument panel to give the motion tracking somthing to latch onto. BTW you can do this in Premiere also its much easier than AE if you using that for editing too.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts