Anyone good with Adobe after effects?

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Having serious troubles trying to use "track motion" to blur out my Speedo. Any experts here?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I use a different editing software to do that soz. For future simplicity, you could just put a little bit of tape over it or use a polorizing filter on your camera at 90' to the screen if it is lcd?

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
OK, I'm going for a long ride tomorrow, so I'll have a go at bluring the bottom like you said. I'm sure it's the easiest...In the mean time I'll have a practice with motion tracking some more

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
On Corel VideoStudio 2018 there are options to track a point or an area and by using the area track, you can give the software a nice clear part to track. I find it works far better that trying to track a single point. I don't know if After Effects has the same option?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
It’s difficult to do motion tracking over the length of an entire clip especially if the X, Y, and Z axis of what you’re tracking is moving a lot. It’s generally better to do the tracking in small sections. Also, to help with the tracking place high contrast markers on your plate or around it like white or black tape in the shape of a cross. Motion tracking in After Effects works best if it can track something with a high contrast edge.

- Wolf

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
It’s difficult to do motion tracking over the length of an entire clip especially if the X, Y, and Z axis of what you’re tracking is moving a lot. It’s generally better to do the tracking in small sections. Also, to help with the tracking place high contrast markers on your plate or around it like white or black tape in the shape of a cross. Motion tracking in After Effects works best if it can track something with a high contrast edge.

- Wolf

Just stuck a bright pink sticker on my speedo. I'll give it another go in motion tracking. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: scooterwuf

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
When I erm needed this feature I would stick a nice yellow sticker on the top of my instrument panel to give the motion tracking somthing to latch onto. BTW you can do this in Premiere also its much easier than AE if you using that for editing too.

Reactions: scooterwuf

DensS

youtube.com/dennissuryana
Nov 29, 2019
Bandung, Indonesia
youtube.com
I ride a
Xiaomi Mijia M365
Having serious troubles trying to use "track motion" to blur out my Speedo. Any experts here?

sorry if this answer offends you but.. the best way to blur your speedo is to block your speedo with a piece of paper taped on the top of your speedo...

track motion helps generating key frames to safe times but it'll never be perfect compared to manual tracking, when the masking is off, somehow you just have to drag the mask back to the speedo, readjust the mask sizing, or continue manual tracking moving per 1 or 5 or 10 frames at a time depending on the movement.

back to my previous suggestion, just block it with a piece of paper next time, saves a lot of trouble and time m8

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Thanks for the replies guys. I've had a bit of luck with the sticker route. But yeah, it's very CPU intensive and kind of a pain in the ass. I'll just cover it with a "cool" sticker for now. But in the future I'm planning on using some filter papers and a lens filter to get it done optically...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts