Anyone else getting this message from YouTube concerning channels below 1K?!?!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
If they actually do that I might really jump the ship and double dip. Facebook has far better reach than Youtube by a goddamn long shot.

Would it be against Youtube rules to upload the same video to 2 platforms? Very true about the reach of Facebook, have you ever seen how direct you can be with an ad, its mad.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Would it be against Youtube rules to upload the same video to 2 platforms? Very true about the reach of Facebook, have you ever seen how direct you can be with an ad, its mad.
Absolutely not, since they insist we are independent contractors, then they have absolutely no right to what we do with our own intellectual property.

MotoAdventureMe

/tavisbogue
Nov 17, 2013
Pa
www.motoadventure.me
I ride a
950 Adventure
The message I got today:

Hi Tavis Bogue,As you probably heard, we recently announced updates to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). We made these changes to address a spike in abuse on YouTube by bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders. Our goal is to ensure a healthy ecosystem where original creators can grow and thrive.As of today, your channel, Tavis Bogue will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. If you meet the new threshold at some point in the future, you'll be automatically re-evaluated for YPP. The reviews typically take 1-2 weeks.We understand that you may have lots of questions right now, so we’ve put together some FAQs that can help.

What it should have said:

Hi Tavis Bogue,As you probably heard, we recently announced updates to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). We made these changes to address a spike in abuse on YouTube by bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders. Our goal is to ensure a healthy ecosystem where original creators can grow and thrive. As of today, bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
But it won’t stop reuploaders and spammers, it will just remove monetisation from the ones not meeting the criteria. Loads of “road rage compilation” channels which have stolen material believing a credit and the (US based) clause that it’s fair game if it’s for educational purposes, and that these crash videos are to alert people to the dangers of rage.

Reactions: R-Rated

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
The message I got today:

Hi Tavis Bogue,As you probably heard, we recently announced updates to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). We made these changes to address a spike in abuse on YouTube by bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders. Our goal is to ensure a healthy ecosystem where original creators can grow and thrive.As of today, your channel, Tavis Bogue will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. If you meet the new threshold at some point in the future, you'll be automatically re-evaluated for YPP. The reviews typically take 1-2 weeks.We understand that you may have lots of questions right now, so we’ve put together some FAQs that can help.

What it should have said:

Hi Tavis Bogue,As you probably heard, we recently announced updates to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). We made these changes to address a spike in abuse on YouTube by bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders. Our goal is to ensure a healthy ecosystem where original creators can grow and thrive. As of today, bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP.

At least you got a reply. I haven't gotten any news for my second channel that will be demonetized lol.

Javiyellow

Motovloggers Unite!!!
Mar 26, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR800
"4. Do they offer lubricant or at least take the small creator out to a meal before bending them over?"
I would not expect them to even drop me off at my door after this is over."

Best line included in a post yet lol

ulijonroth

Roads Await Me
Apr 2, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
www.yollarbenibekler.com
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
But it won’t stop reuploaders and spammers, it will just remove monetisation from the ones not meeting the criteria. Loads of “road rage compilation” channels which have stolen material believing a credit and the (US based) clause that it’s fair game if it’s for educational purposes, and that these crash videos are to alert people to the dangers of rage.

This demonetization crap has nothing to do with stopping spammers. This is just made for their advertising platform. In years Google has become a selfish giant, that's all...

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
I gotta say I'm actually giving up on the idea of getting at least few bucks to maintain vlogging from Youtube. My only viable option at the moment is placing advertising in my videos directly, and at that, I am yet to find someone who'll be a monthly advertiser, not just on certain episodes.

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
I gotta say I'm actually giving up on the idea of getting at least few bucks to maintain vlogging from Youtube. My only viable option at the moment is placing advertising in my videos directly, and at that, I am yet to find someone who'll be a monthly advertiser, not just on certain episodes.
Interesting concept.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Wonder if you still have to declare product placement, or was that just a question on the monetisation page?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think you have to, you need to let viewers know on instagram if the posts feature product placement

Reactions: R-Rated and Lurch

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Wonder if you still have to declare product placement, or was that just a question on the monetisation page?
Well in my case it's not product placement if someone pays you for test drives of their bikes. Unless you're doing advertisement for the actual bikes instead of doing your walkaround/opinions. Is it?

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Depends if that’s how they’d see it I suppose. Don’t need to justify it to us! :)

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Even though I wasn't in it for the money, this demonetisation policy has reduced my incentive to keep vloging. I won't stop completely because its mainly for me to have for the future but I probably won't spend as much time editing anymore.
Right? This is my main gripe as well. While I am not in it for the money, having a bit of money come your way is very motivating. 1. you can invest into better equipment for vlogging, 2. you can invest money into more interesting places to go and things to do in the vlogs.

Even if you'll put 100% of your revenue back into the vlog it'll be far better than just funding it from your own pocket without receiving anything

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts